Common Amazon Interview Questions:
Preparing these questions well, will help you answer effectively, make your point and also exhibiting your thought process.
Possible Questions By Chief Technology Officer
- Doyou have anyentrepreneurial experience that you want to talk about?
- What are the areas you think you need more development in?
- Why did you leave your last company and why this company?
- What has been some of the key learnings from your previous stint
- What was your proudest moment so far in the Data Science journey?
Q3 What Is Acid Property In A Database
ACID is an acronym for Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability. This property is used in the databases to ensure whether the data transactions are processed reliably in the system or not. If you have to define each of these terms, then you can refer below.
- Atomicity: Refers to the transactions which are either completely successful or failed. Here a transaction refers to a single operation. So, even if a single transaction fails, then the entire transaction fails and the database state is left unchanged.
- Consistency: This feature makes sure that the data must meet all the validation rules. So, this basically makes sure that the transaction never leaves the database without completing its state.
- Isolation: Isolation keeps transactions separated from each other until theyre finished. So basically each and every transaction is independent.
- Durability: Durability makes sure that your committed transaction is never lost. So, this guarantees that the database will keep track of pending changes in such a way that even if there is a power loss, crash or any sort of error the server can recover from an abnormal termination.
Q8 What Are Different Types Of Hypothesis Testing
The different types of hypothesis testing are as follows:
- T-test: T-test is used when the standard deviation is unknown and the sample size is comparatively small.
- Chi-Square Test for Independence: These tests are used to find out the significance of the association between categorical variables in the population sample.
- Analysis of Variance : This kind of hypothesis testing is used to analyze differences between the means in various groups. This test is often used similarly to a T-test but, is used for more than two groups.
- Welchs T-test: This test is used to find out the test for equality of means between two population samples.
How To Prepare For Amazon Assessments
Amazons recruitment process involves a multitude of pre-employment aptitude tests and psychometric exams. The first one completed will be done online in the screening process along with the job seekers application. The pre-employment aptitude tests will be numerical and verbal reasoning tests and are completed online once you have successfully completed the online application stage. These tests are rigorous not because the content is difficult but because the time restraint can be stressful. This allows Amazon to further screen graduates and job seekers in the hiring process. Utilize the following information and tips to help focus your preparation. As you prepare for your assessments, be certain your preparation involves practice for the following types of exams:
Recommended Reading: What Not To Say In An Exit Interview
Most Popular Junior Business Analyst Interview Questions
21. What are the best practices to follow while writing a use case?
Answer: Some of the best practices to write a use case are as follows:
- To become a valid use case, the use case must provide some value back to the actor or stakeholder.
- The functional and non-functional requirements must be captured appropriately in the use case.
- The use case must have one or more alternate flow along with the main flow.
- The use case should only describe what the system does and not how it is done which means it will not describe the design. It will act as a black box from the viewpoint of an actor.
- The use case should not have any, i.e. it should be stand alone.
22. What is the difference between exception flow and alternate flow?
Answer: Alternate flow are the alternative actions that can be performed apart for the main flow and can be considered as an optional flow. Exception flow is the path traversed in case of any exception or error.
23. Do you think a business analyst should be involved in testing?
Answer: Yes. Because a business analyst understands the overall system requirements and challenges associated with it very well. Hence, he can be instrumental during the testing phase to run it appropriately and resolve any system related query.
24. What does INVEST stand for?
Answer: INVEST stands for
It can assist project managers and technical team to deliver quality products/services.
25. What is Pareto Analysis?
26. What is BPMN and what are its basic elements?
Copy Linked List With Arbitrary Pointer
def deep_copy_arbitrary_pointer: if head == None: return Nonecurrent = head new_head = Nonenew_prev = Noneht = dict# create copy of the linked list, recording the corresponding# nodes in hashmap without updating arbitrary pointerwhile current != None: new_node = LinkedListNode# copy the old arbitrary pointer in the new node new_node.arbitrary = current.arbitrary if new_prev != None: new_prev.next = new_nodeelse: new_head = new_nodeht = new_node new_prev = new_node current = current.nextnew_current = new_head# updating arbitrary pointerwhile new_current != None: if new_current.arbitrary != None: node = ht new_current.arbitrary = node new_current = new_current.nextreturn new_headdef create_linked_list_with_arb_pointers: head = create_random_list v = temp = head while temp != None: v.append temp = temp.next for i in range): j = random.randint - 1) p = random.randint if p < 75: v.arbitrary = vreturn head
Runtime Complexity: Linear, O
Memory Complexity: Linear, O
You May Like: How To Reduce Bias In Interviews
Q9 Can You Tell How To Create Stories In Tableau
Stories are used to narrate a sequence of events or make a business use-case. The Tableau Dashboard provides various options to create a story. Each story point can be based on a different view or dashboard, or the entire story can be based on the same visualization, just seen at different stages, with different marks filtered and annotations added.
To create a story in Tableau you can follow the below steps:
- Click the New Story tab.
- In the lower-left corner of the screen, choose a size for your story. Choose from one of the predefined sizes, or set a custom size, in pixels.
- By default, your story gets its title from its sheet name. To edit it, double-click the title. You can also change your titles font, color, and alignment. Click Apply to view your changes.
- To start building your story, drag a sheet from the Story tab on the left and drop it into the center of the view.
- Click Add a caption to summarize the story point.
- To highlight a key takeaway for your viewers, drag a text object over to the story worksheet and type your comment.
- To further highlight the main idea of this story point, you can change a filter or sort on a field in the view, then save your changes by clicking Update above the navigator box.
Screening Interview Over The Phone
Everything starts with a short, screening interview. An HR employee will call you and ask you a few basic questions. To such belong:
- Why are you interested to work at Amazon?
- How do you imagine a typical day in this job?
- Tell me something about yourself.
- What motivates you in work?
- Which Amazon leadership principle resonates the most with you, and why?
- What do you like the most about Amazon? What do you do not like?
Their goal in a screening interview is to assess your communication skills, your motivation, and to understand your personality and attitude to work, whether it aligns with the 14 leadership principles they promote at Amazon.
A good HR worker can do that after a ten to twenty minute phone call with youthey can get a basic grasp of your personality and abilities. And how should you answer the questions? Lets have a look at one of them.
You May Like: How To Interview Front End Developer
Data Analyst Interview Questions: Puzzles
The analytics industry predominantly relies on professionals who not only excel in various Data Analyzing tools available in the market but also on those professionals who have excellent problem-solving skills. The most important skill that you need to possess is the approach to the problem. Oh yes, your approach should also be in such a way that you should be able to explain to the interviewer.
So lets get started!
Interview With Hiring Manager
This portion is either in person or via a phone call with the hiring manager, who would be your direct manager. The hiring manager is on your side. They have the biggest pain point, meaning that they really need to hire someone. Itâs in their best interest to be nice to you, and they usually are. That doesnât mean you wonât get tough questions. However, I ï¬nd that this ï¬rst meeting with the hiring manager is going to be one of the main chances where you get to ask speciï¬c questions about the role. For this interview, you should be ready to sell yourself. Prepare fewer questions about the company culture, and more questions about what kind of goals the manager has, what projects you would work on immediately, and their expectations for the role. The hiring manager will usually be the âeasiestâ interviewer you come in contact with. Your conversation will likely be about the role itself and your career goals, along with what relevant experience you have for the job. You should use this meeting as a chance to learn as much as possible about the job. You want to ï¬gure out: What would I be doing on a daily basis and what will it be like working with this manager? Here are some good questions to ask them in the first meeting:
You May Like: What Questions Do You Get Asked In A Job Interview
Q3 What Is The Difference Between Data Mining And Data Profiling
Data Mining: Data Mining refers to the analysis of data with respect to finding relations that have not been discovered earlier. It mainly focuses on the detection of unusual records, dependencies and cluster analysis.
Data Profiling: Data Profiling refers to the process of analyzing individual attributes of data. It mainly focuses on providing valuable information on data attributes such as data type, frequency etc.
Business Analyst Skills Interview Cheat Sheet1 Lecture 6min
- Interview Cheat Sheet. Resume
- 381 Students
- 3 Courses
Experienced Business Analyst/ Consultant/ Project Manager interested in helping future business analysts to build the knowledge needed in order to get the job and excel in this field. Liliana worked for 10 years+ for top clients worldwide in New York City and London, and has excellent success coaching, business analysis, project management skills. Liliana is passionate about helping you to achieve success in your career. The objective of these masterclass courses is to empower you with knowledge.
I created AMRO IT Online Learning to help individuals, future or existing Business Analysts or QA Analysts to build a solid foundation in Business Analysis or Quality Assurance Software Testing in order to be able to successfully pass the interview, secure the Business Analyst job and excel at their job. Courses for your specific needs.
Follow me on social media for any questions about your career growth, advice or to help you reach your career goals.
The course is well structured, easy to follow for everyone. Enough detail to understand the basics for a BA position. Overall, the course was great.
Lokesh Pg Dalasanur Nagaprashantha: Thanks. Wonderful overview
Tareita Nephew: I got a great overall concept of what a Business Analyst is and what they do. I liked that she touched on the very core of what a Business Analyst needs to do in order to accomplish all aspects of the job.
You May Like: What To Take To An Interview
Possible Questions By Vp Marketing
In here, the questions will be more business centric, for example how can one go about determining the right number of recommendations to show on the website/app or perhaps related to A/B test.
- Why do you want to work with us?
- In your previous role, how much interaction did you haves with the marketing/sales team?
- How good are you at communicating your insights visually?
- Are there any data science activities you are involved in besides the day job?
Write The Situations Down & Flesh Them Out
After youve brainstormed relevant work experiences, write them down and flesh them out so that you’re not stumbling to remember some of the details amid the questioning. Make sure to write them down according to the STAR method, as well, to make sure your answers are both concise and fully developed.
Also Check: How To Do A Successful Interview
Questions You Should Pose
- Can you tell me the projects I will get to work on if I land the job?
- I hope you got a chance to know more and my skillset well. If you have any more questions or any reservations about my qualifications, I hope we can discuss and address that.
- Lastly, dont forget to negotiate about the paycheck and dont sell yourself short, since not everybody can tick-off all the boxes in the JD.
How I Cleared The Amazon Sde 2 Interview
A recruiter found my profile on linkedin and informed me about an opening in Amazon for SDE 2 position. Just to provide a brief background on my profile, I am a graduate in computer science from IIT Bombay and I had 4 years of experience in software development when I was given this opportunity.
Over the course of next 2 months I went through a telephonic screening round on programming, 3 on-site interviews with emphasis on design, one bar raiser round on people skills and software design followed by another round of programming interview. It was an exhaustive process to test me on all my skills and fortunately I was able to clear it.
As I went through the rounds it was apparent that work experience was not important. The stress was on the approach to solve questions and eventually come up with a working solution. There were several instances where only the approach was required and several others where implementation was required too. I had prepared for the same and would like to share the methods of preparation.
Before getting into the actual methods I would like to set the context with an analogy to fitness.
Now to get 6 pack abs, all you need to do is follow a few simple steps
- Buy membership of a gym and actually workout everyday
- Get a personal trainer and listen to his advise
- Start eating healthy and actually follow the diet plan
- Give it a year and voila you have got what you wanted !
nums, nums, j = nums, nums, j+1
Now let me list the takeaways from this exercise
How To Crack The Amazon Phone Interview
Amazon, one of the American based biggest internet retailer is headquartered in Seattle which holds offices and distribution agencies in almost 32 countries globally.
The employees working in Amazon are known as Amazonians also there are many people who work very hard to get into this company. Usually hiring process of bigger MNCs are not that easy to crack and also are very time taking . They do not compromise things when recruiting employees for their organization.
The basic recruitment process would involve with 1 2 rounds, then a phone interview and finally an on-site interview. The phone interview holds great importance in the hiring process. So, here are few tips to know and follow when attending Amazon telephonic interview.
- Hiring is a long procedure
- Arrange your place in advance
- Collect all the things needed and keep it handy
- You can try to arrange a little extra
- Take some time to yourself and relax before the interview
- Prepare for the unexpected
- Answer all the questions confidently and try to be honest.
Consult With An Exponent Coach
Here at Exponent, we understand that it may be both extremely exciting and nerve-wracking when you have an Amazon interview just on the horizon. That’s why we put together some Interview Prep Courses for Product Management, Software Engineering, Data Science, Product Marketing Management, and many more.
Alongside our courses, we also offer industry-leading interviewing coaching to help you
- Get an insiders look from someone whos been interviewed, got the offer, and worked at the companies youre applying at.
- Receive an objective evaluation of where you stand as a job candidate.
- Obtain personalized feedback and coaching to help improve and get more job offers.
A few of our coaches have even worked at Amazon, so you can trust that they know exactly what you need to do to prepare. If you’re interested, be sure to check out the profiles of former Amazon interviewers Abhishek Joshi,Sai Boddupalli, and Vichitra Kidambi to request a coaching session today.