Servicenow Human Resource Service Management Interview Questions
What Are The Skills A Servicenow Developer Should Possess
The most important skills a ServiceNow developer should possess include the following:
- Familiarity with UI, HTML, SQL, and CSS
- Knowledge of XML & structural programming concepts
- Heavy Experience in using the ServiceNow platform
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organization and time management skills
What Is Transform Map What Is The Use Of Transform Map
Transform map is a set of fields which is mapped between import set fields and the target tables fields. It is used for data loading and integration, the most common use is to load user data in sys_user table or to create an incident from any integration where the transform is required in data before inserting in the incident table.
Q10 What Do You Mean By Coalesce
Ans: Coalesce is a property of a field that we use in transform map field mapping.When we set the coalesce as true for a field mapping it signifies that this field will work as unique key.If a field match is found with the coalesce field, then existing record will be updated with the imported information in target table else a new record will be inserted into the target table
What Is The Difference Between Next And : Next Method
next method is responsible to move to the next record in GlideRecord. _next provides the same functionality as next, intended to be used in cases when we query the table having a column name as next.
So this brings us to the end of the blog. I hope you enjoyed these ServiceNow Interview Questions. The topics that you learnt in this ServiceNow Interview questions blog are the most sought-after skill sets that recruiters look for in a ServiceNow Professional.
You can also check out our ServiceNow YouTube playlist:
In case if you wish to build a career in ServiceNow then check out our ServiceNow Certification Training.
Got a question for us? Please mention it in the comments section of this ServiceNow Interview Questions and we will get back to you.
You May Like: What Are Some Good Responses To Interview Questions
What Does The Client Transaction Timings Plugin Do
The Client Transaction Timings plugin enhances the system logs by providing more information on the duration of transactions between the client and the server. By providing information on how time was spent during the transaction, performance issues can be tracked down to the source by seeing where the time is being consumed.
What Do You Mean By Impersonating A User How It Is Useful
Impersonating a user means that you can log in to the system as that user and can have felt how the service-now UI is set for that user. This is very useful while testing. For example, if you are required to test that a user can access the change form or not. You can impersonate that user and can test instead of logging out from your session and logging in again with that user’s credentials.
Read Also: What Does An Exit Interview Consist Of
How To Crack An Interview At Accenture
Cracking the interview at the giant is anything but easy. There are so many things that go in and out of the mind of the candidates that end up with not so good results. Accenture is hiring software engineers and if you are planning to crack the interview then it is not essential to be prepared.
Here are the main interview questions that software engineers must know about before sitting in for a technical round at Accenture according to JobBuzz.
1. What Is the difference between JDK, JRE and JVM?
2. What is the difference between the TCP/IP and UDP socket?
3. What is the classpath of a plug-in?
4. What about the Cache memory and its usage?
5. What is the difference between fat & NTFS
6. What are the data units at different layers of the TCP / IP protocol suite?
7. What is the default isolation level of the SQL server database?
8. What is the approximate size of a data warehouse?
9. How about the architecture of SAP SCM 4.1?
10. Which data dictionary view would you query to see the free extents in a tablespace?
11. What are the differences between the data stages 7.0 and 7.5in server jobs?
12. What is your approach or how do you start Testing a Web application?
13. What is the Role of TCP/IP in data transmission from source to destination?
14. What is the difference between TD and QC?
15. Why call the subtended angle a pixel, instead of something else ?
16. What are the steps you will take if you are tasked with securing an SQL Server?
20. What is ERP Testing?
Q55 How To Restrict Users To Upload An Attachment In Servicenowfollowing Is The Step Wise Step Process:
- Navigate to System Properties > Security.
- In the Attachment limits and behavior section, locate the List of roles that can create attachments: property .
- Enter one or more roles separated by commas.
- Only roles listed in this property are able to upload attachments to a record. If no roles are entered, then all roles can upload attachments to ServiceNow forms.
Read Also: How To Get Free Lyft To Job Interview
What Is A Dictionary Override
Dictionary Overrides provides the capability to override several properties of a field in an extended table. For example, a changing table is extended from the task table. There is a field named status in the task table and set as read-only. When we use this field in change form it will show be read-only. We can set this to non-read only by using the dictionary override. Similarly, there are other properties that can be set for the fields in an extended table.
Q8 What Do You Mean By Impersonating A User How It Is Useful
Impersonating a user means that you can log in to the system as that user and can have felt how the serviceNow UI is set for that user. This is very useful while testing. For example, if you are required to test that a user can access the change form or not. You can impersonate that user and can test instead of logging out from your session and logging again with that user credentials.
Also Check: How To Watch Oprah Meghan Markle Interview
Why Is Servicenow So Popular
ServiceNow is a powerful product and is being respected because it has the capability to manage everything as a Service. The best part of ServiceNow is, under one platform you can manage the entire workflow that offers different kinds of support and enables the enterprises to define services, provides an instinctual service experience, deliver service, assures service availability and analyzes critical service metrics, process delivery and management, real-time communication, customer interaction, collaboration and resource sharing, testing, quality assurance and more.
How To Restrict Users From Uploading An Attachment In Servicenow
Following is the stepwise process for restricting users to upload an attachment:
- Go to System Properties -> Security.
- Under the Attachment limits and behavior section, search for a role list that can produce attachments: property.
- Mention one or more roles.
- Only roles listed under this property will be allowed to upload attachments to a record. If no roles are mentioned, then all roles are permitted to upload attachments to ServiceNow forms.
Recommended Reading: What Are Some Good Interview Questions To Ask
How To Restrict Users To Upload An Attachment In Servicenow
Following is the stepwise step process:Navigate to System Properties > Security.In the Attachment limits and behaviour section, locate the List of roles that can create attachments: property .Enter one or more roles separated by commas.Only roles listed in this property are able to upload attachments to a record. If no roles are entered, then all roles can upload attachments to ServiceNow forms.Click Save.
Explain Different Types Of Sla
Service Level Agreements are defined into three types:
- A customer service level agreement exists between you and an external customer.
- An internal service level agreement exists between you and an internal customer .
- A vendor service level agreement exists between you and the vendor.
|=> For more ITIL resources visit here:ITIL Detail Guide|
Recommended Reading: What To Prepare For A Phone Interview
What Is The Scorecard
A scorecard can be used to measure the performance of an employee or a business process. It is a graphical representation of progress over time. A scorecard belongs to an indicator. The first step is to define the indicators that you want to measure. Scorecards can be enhanced by adding targets, breakdowns , aggregates , and time series .
Does Servicenow Need Coding
In both front-end and back-end, coding is involved, and you will make solid use of ServiceNowâs proprietary JS libraries for database transactions usually prefixed with âGlideâ. GlideRecord object can form DB queries, GlideDateTime provides access to Java time classes & methods, etc. AngularJS is also important if you plan on using Service Portal. So first learn basic front-end programming . Once you are comfortable with those areas, move on to JS libraries that ServiceNow uses . Thatâs all you actually require to program in ServiceNow.
Also Check: How To Do A Zoom Interview
Q40 What Does The Client Transaction Timings Plugin Does
Ans: The Client Transaction Timings plugin enhances the system logs by providing more information on the duration of transactions between the client and the server. By providing information on how time was spent during the transaction, performance issues can be tracked down to the source by seeing where the time is being consumed.
Name The Itil Models Adopted By An Organization
- Microsoft MOF : It is a structured approach that supports customers how to plan, develop, and operate services in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Hewlett-Packard : This model is used to present and describe various IT Management processes, business linkages, and inter-process relationships that IT requires to develop, deploy, and support services in the e-world.
- IBM : This model is used to define common business services and processes across the enterprise. This software is a set of best practices to support core system renewal and integration projects.
Recommended Reading: How To Interview A Real Estate Agent
Language Used In Servicenow Development
The most important thing is language which comes in mind when we think about development. Believe me ServiceNow platform is developer friendly. ServiceNow already have lots of its own API’s which you can learn or come to know while practicing ServiceNow. We will talk about all those API’s in details in our other articles.
What you have do is that you should read little bit about ITSM and ITIL. Information related to these concepts are widely available in google and YouTube. ITSM and ITIL are totally theoretical base and easy to understand. Actually, it will help you to understand the things while doing development in ServiceNow, you can connect the things while doing the development that why you are doing such thing and what you exactly want to achieve through coding in ServiceNow platform.
So the conclusion from above paragraph is, that you should only know:
How To Add Ui Macro On The Form Field
Lets take an example to call Microsoft Teams on Caller Field.
< ?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″ ?>
< j:jelly trim=”false” xmlns:j=”jelly:core” xmlns:g=”glide” xmlns:j2=”null” xmlns:g2=”null”>
< g:evaluate var=”jvar_guid” expression=”gs.generateGUID “/>
< j:set var=”jvar_n” value=”show_incidents_$:$”/> < div id=”popup_teams”> < a class=”btn-default ” id=”$” onclick=”invokeChat “>
< img src=”teams.png” width=”30″ title=”Popup Teams” alt=”$” />
Write this in Caller_id field attribute
Recommended Reading: How To Prepare For Machine Learning Engineer Interview
Explain The Types Of Reports Available In Servicenow
What Are Ui Actions Types Of Ui Actions
Ui Actions are button, links, context menu on the form and the list. So it is a clickable button which helps to perform some operations in ServiceNow.
- A button on a form.
- A context menu item on a form that appears when you open the form context menu or right-click the form header.
- A related link in a form.
- A button in the banner on top of a list.
- A button at the bottom of a list.
- A context menu item on a list that appears when you open the list context menu or right-click the list header.
- A menu item for the action choice list at the bottom of a list.
- A related link at the bottom of a list.
Also Check: How To Ask About Pay In An Interview
Give Some Practical Examples For The Service Now Integration Tool
Ans: Below are the various practical examples of service now integration tool
- Make use of the service now integration tool to replace the spreadsheets and email them to collaborative workspaces.
- Helps to automate every business process in your organization.
- With the help of service now integration tool, user can easily develop any type of modern work environments
- Helps to enhance, automate the business workflow, and structure the streamlined service delivery.
What Types Of Searches Are Available In Servicenow
Following searches will help you find information in ServiceNow:
Lists: Find records in a list
Global text search: Finds records in multiple tables from a single search field.
Knowledge base: Finds knowledge articles.
Navigation filter: Filters the items in the application navigator.
Search screens: Use a form like interface to search for records in a table. Administrators can create these custom modules.
Also Check: How To Do Zoom Interviews
Interview Questions On Servicenow :
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168. 9.10.11. 22.214.171.124.16.17.servicenow 18.servicenow19.20.21. 126.96.36.199.Request from you all Sharing is Preparing interview questions on servicenowVenkyA.Minterview questions on servicenow, servicenow developmentservicenow administratorRs 499*you can preview the course because it will not cost you even provide the basics understanding of ServiceNow concepts believe me
Name The Attributes Defined In The Service Now Tool
Ans: There are 3 attributes defined in the service now tool
1. Field name
If you want to build a career in service now, please visit our website www.hkrtraining.com. I hope you people enjoyed learning the service now administrator tool. This is a popular information cloud based technology management tool and offers a single system operation. So you can expect that there are huge job openings available and you can fulfill your dreams by learning Service Now administrator top interview questions.
Don’t Miss: How To Prepare For An Interview At Amazon
Q34 What Happens When A User Make Some Changes The Homepage
Ans: When a user make some changes on the homepage then that pages is saved as his personalized homepage instead of updation on the actual homepage.For example home page name is Incident overview.When a user make some changes on it then this page is saved as My incident overview and is only visible to that user.
What Are The Service Portfolio Service Catalog And Service Pipeline
- The service portfolio is a complete listing of all the services provided by a service provider across the market and customers.
- Service Catalogue is the subset of the Service portfolio. Services ready to be offered to customers are listed in the service catalog.
- Service Pipeline refers to services under development.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Ready For A Job Interview
List The Various Knowledge Management Systems
- Capacity Management Information System: It is a collection of data regarding IT infrastructure usage, capacity, and performance that gathered in a consistent manner and stored in either single or series databases.
- Availability Management Information System : It is a collection of the Availability Management data and stored in various physical locations.
- Known Error Database : It is a database that defines all the known issues within a system.
- Configuration Management Database : It is a database used to store relevant information about software and hardware assets used in an organization and their relationships.
- Definitive Media Library : It is a secure logical library in which the definitive, authorized versions of all software media Configuration Items are stored and protected.
- Service Knowledge Management System : It is the primary repository of the data, knowledge, and information that the IT organization required to administer the lifecycle of its services.
Q13 What Is Installation Exit
Ans: Installation exits are customizations that exit from Java to call a script before returning back to Java. Navigate to System Definition > Installation Exits. Some installation exit names are reserved and cannot be changed. Other installation exits can override these with custom script that replaces the script in the default installation exit.
You May Like: What Are The Top 10 Behavioral Questions In An Interview