What Are Different Types Of Tasks In Informatica
Workflow Manager allows you to create the following types of tasks so that you can design a workflow:
- Assignment task: A value is assigned to a workflow variable via this task type.
- Command task: This task executes a shell command during workflow execution.
- Control task: It halts or aborts workflow execution.
- It describes a condition to be evaluated.
- Email task: This is used during workflow execution to send emails.
- Event-Raise task: This task notifies Event-Wait about the occurrence of an event.
- Event-Wait task: It waits for an event to complete before executing the next task.
- Session tasks: These tasks are used to run mappings created in Designer.
- Timer task: This task waits for an already timed event to occur.
Q3 What Are The Advantages Of Informatica
Ans: Informatica has some advantages over other data integration systems. A couple of the advantages are:
- It is faster than the available platforms.
- You can easily monitor your jobs with Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- It has made data validation, iteration and project development to be easier than before.
- If you experience failed jobs, it is easy to identify the failure and recover from it. The same applies to jobs that are running slowly.
Its GUI tool, Coding in any graphical tool is generally faster than hand code scripting. Can communicate with all major data sources . Can handle vary large/huge data very effectively. User can apply Mappings, extract rules, cleansing rules, transformation rules, aggregation logic and loading rules are in separate objects in an ETL tool. Any change in any of the object will give minimum impact of other object. Reusability of the object Informatica has different adapters for extracting data from packaged ERP applications . Availability of resource in the market. Can be run on Window and Unix environment.
What Are The Limitations Of Pushdown Optimization
|Cant be used with SQL override||Can be used with SQL override|
- Mapping variables is used for incremental extraction.
- In mapping variables no need to change the data. It automatically changed.
- In the mapping parameter, you have to change the date and time.
Also Check: What Is A Video Interview For A Job
Why Do We Use Mapping Parameters And Mapping Variables
Basically, mapping parameters and mapping variables represent values in mappings and mapplets.
- Mapping parameters represent constant values that are defined before running a session.
- After creation, parameters appear in Expression Editor.
- These parameters can be used in source qualifier filters, user-defined joins, or for overriding.
- As opposed to mapping parameters, mapping variables can change values during sessions.
- The last value of a mapping variable is saved to the repository at the end of each successful session by the Integration Service. However, it is possible to override saved values with parameter files.
- Basically, mapping variables are used to perform incremental reads of data sources.
I Have Three Same Source Structure Tables But I Want To Load Into Single Target Table How Do I Do This Explain In Detail Through Mapping Flow
We will have to use the Union Transformation here. Union Transformation is a multiple input group transformation and it has only one output group.
Also Check: Do You Need An Interview To Renew Global Entry
What Is Workflow Monitor
Workflow Monitor is used to monitor the execution of workflows or the tasks available in the workflow. It is mainly used to monitor the progress of activities such as Event log information, a list of executed workflows, and their execution time.
Workflow Monitor can be used to perform the following activities:
- You can see the details of execution
- You can see the history of workflow execution
- You can stop, abort, or restart the workflows.
- It displays the workflows that have been executed at least once.
It consists of the following windows:
- Navigator window: It displays the repositories, servers, and repositories objects that have been monitored.
- Output window: It displays messages coming from the Integration service and Repository service.
- Time window: It displays the progress of workflow execution.
- Gantt Chart view: It displays the progress of the workflow execution in a tabulated form.
- Task view: It displays the details about the workflow execution in a report format.
Q23 What Is The Difference Between Stop And Abort Options In Workflow Monitor
Ans: When we issue the STOP command on the executing session task, the Integration Service stops reading data from source. It continues processing, writing and committing the data to targets. If the Integration Service cannot finish processing and committing data, we can issue the abort command.
In contrast ABORT command has a timeout period of 60 seconds. If the Integration Service cannot finish processing and committing data within the timeout period, it kills the DTM process and terminates the session.
How Are Connected And Unconnected Look Up Different
A: Connected lookup is the transformation system where inputs are directly taken from other transformations already in the pipeline. Unconnected lookup does not draw inputs from other pipeline transformations, but they may be raised by LKP expressions as functions and may be used in any transformation.
What Is Olap And Write Its Type
The Online Analytical Processing method is used to perform multidimensional analyses on large volumes of data from multiple database systems simultaneously. Apart from managing large amounts of historical data, it provides aggregation and summation capabilities , as well as storing information at different levels of granularity to assist in decision-making. Among its types are DOLAP , ROLAP , MOLAP , and HOLAP .
Read Also: What Should I Take To An Interview
Q4 In What Real Situations Can Informatica Be Used
Ans: Informatica has a wide range of application that covers areas such as:
- Data migration.
Ans: Some basic Informatica programs are:
- Mappings: A mapping is designed in the Designer. It defines all the ETL processes. Data are read from their original sources by mappings before the application of transformation logic to the read data. The transformed data is later written to the targets.
- Workflows: The processes of runtime ETL are described by a collection of different tasks are known as workflow. Workflows are designed in the Workflow Manager.
- Task: This is a set of actions, commands, or functions that are executable. How an ETL process behaves during runtime can be defined by a sequence of different tasks.
Q10 Suppose We Have Two Source Qualifier Transformations Sq1 And Sq2 Connected To Target Tables Tgt1 And Tgt2 Respectively How Do You Ensure Tgt2 Is Loaded After Tgt1
Ans: If we have multiple Source Qualifier transformations connected to multiple targets, we can designate the order in which the Integration Service loads data into the targets.
In the Mapping Designer, We need to configure the Target Load Plan based on the Source Qualifier transformations in a mapping to specify the required loading order.
Don’t Miss: How To Have An Interview
Q2 Define The Properties Available In Sequence Generator Transformation In Brief
Ans: Sequence Generator:
|Difference between two consecutive values from the NEXTVAL port.Default is 1.|
|End Value||Maximum value generated by SeqGen. After reaching this value the session will fail if the sequence generator is not configured to cycle.Default is 2147483647.|
|Current Value||Current value of the sequence. Enter the value we want the Integration Service to use as the first value in the sequence. Default is 1.|
|Cycle||If selected, when the Integration Service reaches the configured end value for the sequence, it wraps around and starts the cycle again, beginning with the configured Start Value.|
|Number of Cached Values||Number of sequential values the Integration Service caches at a time. Default value for a standard Sequence Generator is 0. Default value for a reusable Sequence Generator is 1,000.|
|Reset||Restarts the sequence at the current value each time a session runs.This option is disabled for reusable Sequence Generator transformations.|
What Is The Difference Between Router And Filter
Router and Filter are types of transformations offered by Informatica. There are a few differences between them as given below:
|Router transformation||Filter transformation|
|Using router transformation, rows of data that don’t meet the conditions are captured to a default output group.||In this, data is tested for one condition, and rows that don’t meet it are removed from the filter.|
|It allows records to be divided into multiple groups based on the conditions specified.||It doesnt take care of the division of records.|
|This transformation has a single input and multiple output group transformations.||This transformation has a single input and a single output group transformation.|
|There can be more than one condition specified in a router transformation.||A single filter condition can be specified in filter transformation.|
|Input rows and failed records are not blocked by the router transformation.||There is a possibility that records get blocked in a filter transformation.|
Recommended Reading: What Are Some Interview Questions And Answers
What Is The Difference Between Active And Passive Transformation
Active Transformation:- An active transformation can perform any of the following actions:
- Change the number of rows that pass through the transformation: For instance, the Filter transformation is active because it removes rows that do not meet the filter condition.
- Change the transaction boundary: For e.g., the Transaction Control transformation is active because it defines a commit or roll back transaction based on an expression evaluated for each row.
- Change the row type: For e.g., the Update Strategy transformation is active because it flags rows for insert, delete, update, or reject.
Passive Transformation: A passive transformation is one which will satisfy all these conditions:
- Does not change the number of rows that pass through the transformation
- Maintains the transaction boundary
- Maintains the row type
What Are The Different Mapping Design Tips For Informatica
The different mapping design tips are as follows:
- Standards – The design should be of a good standard. Following a standard consistently is proven to be beneficial in the long run projects. Standards include naming descriptions, conventions, environmental settings, documentation and parameter files, etc.
- Reusability – Using reusable transformation is the best way to react to the potential changes as quickly as possible. applets and worklets, these types of Informatica components are best suited to be used.
- Scalability – It is important to scale while designing. In the development of mappings, the volume must be correct.
- Simplicity – It is always better to create different mappings instead of creating one complex mapping. It is all about creating a simple and logical process of design
- Modularity – This includes reprocessing and using modular techniques for designing.
You May Like: Edward Jones Boa Interview Questions
Q24 How To Delete Duplicate Row Using Informatica
Scenario 1: Duplicate rows are present in relational database
Suppose we have Duplicate records in Source System and we want to load only the unique records in the Target System eliminating the duplicate rows. What will be the approach?
Assuming that the source system is a Relational Database, to eliminate duplicate records, we can check the Distinct option of the of the source table and load the target accordingly.
But what if the source is a flat file? Then how can we remove the duplicates from flat file source?
Scenario 2: Deleting duplicate rows / selecting distinct rows for FLAT FILE sources
Here since the source system is a Flat File you will not be able to select the distinct option in the source qualifier as it will be disabled due to flat file source table. Hence the next approach may be we use a Sorter Transformation and check the Distinct option. When we select the distinct option all the columns will the selected as keys, in ascending order by default.
Deleting Duplicate Record Using Informatica Aggregator
Other ways to handle duplicate records in source batch run is to use an Aggregator Transformation and using the Group By checkbox on the ports having duplicate occurring data. Here you can have the flexibility to select the last or the first of the duplicate column value records.
How Do You Load More Than 1 Max Sal In Each Department Through Informatica Or Write Sql Query In Oracle
You can use this kind of query to fetch more than 1 Max salary for each department.
SELECT * FROM (
SELECT EMPLOYEE_ID, FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME, DEPARTMENT_ID, SALARY, RANK OVER SAL_RANK FROM EMPLOYEES)
WHERE SAL_RANK < = 2
We can use the Rank transformation to achieve this.
Use Department_ID as the group key.
In the properties tab, select Top, 3.
The entire mapping should look like this.
This will give us the top 3 employees earning maximum salary in their respective departments.
Recommended Reading: Best Websites To Practice For Coding Interviews
Why Do Interviewers Ask Informatica Interview Questions
Interviewers typically ask Informatica interview questions when the Informatica software is an integral part of the organization’s technology infrastructure. Informatica is a company that produces software focused on data integration. The Informatica PowerCenter ETL data integration tool is the most popular product in the company’s portfolio, and users typically refer to it as Informatica. The PowerCenter is a data integration tool based on the ETL architecture. It provides data integration services and software for various industries, businesses, and government institutions.
Questions about this software may be relevant to broader roles such as software developer or systems administrator, and they are also relevant to other jobs, such as data architect or data analyst. When applying to these roles, it’s important that you prepare for common questions about this software tool. Interview questions about this tool test your technical skills and may only constitute a section of the entire interview. Consequently, interviewers may focus on asking questions about your experience using the tool.
Informatica Cloud Interview Questions And Answers
Warm Greets to you, Hope everything is going well!
Here is a Blog of mine based on Informatica Cloud Interview Questions and Answers.
I tried my level best to make a proper format of Questions that help you in various ways.
Now without any further due, let us dive into the subject.
Informatica Cloud is an on-demand combination and ETL system supplying through an internet user interface. Programmers may access advancement, management, and tracking of the activities in one location in an internet user interface. This process allows designers to construct remedies that execute ETL procedures between the Cloud and on-premise options.
When our experts relocate the data from the heritage architecture to the cloud-based architecture, the primary function of the Informatica cloud is actually to deal with the data assimilation trouble. Via the Informatica cloud, our team can quickly repair dealing with ragged data inside and outside the firewall software.
Among the most significant concerns resolved through the Informatica cloud is the data combination concern. When you relocate your data from the traditional architecture to cloud-based architecture, this concern usually happens.
Three main components of Informatica cloud are:
What Are The Benefits Of Intermediate Code Generation
- Making a compiler for several machines is as simple as connecting a new back end to the front end of each device.
- You can make a compiler for multiple languages by connecting their respective front ends to the same back end.
- The code generation process can be optimized by applying a machine-independent code optimizer to intermediate code.
How Are Indexes Created After Completing The Load Process
For the purpose of creating indexes after the load process, command tasks at session level can be used. Index creating scripts can be brought in line with the sessions workflow or the post session implementation sequence. Moreover this type of index creation cannot be controlled after the load process at transformation level.
Also Check: Senior Sql Developer Interview Questions
Can You Enlist A Few Powercenter Client Applications With Their Basic Purpose
A popular interview question at Informatica. Have a look at the following applications to answer:
- Administration Console: Used to perform service tasks
- PowerCenter Designer: has several designing tools such as source analyzer, target designer, mapplet designer, mapping manager, etc.
- Workflow Manager: provides a set of instructions needed to execute mappings
- Workflow Monitor: Monitors workflows and tasks
- Repository Manager: An admin tool primarily used to manage repository folders, objects, and groups.
What Are The Drawbacks Of Informatica Platform Staging
Some disadvantages of Informatica platform staging are:
- It might be challenging to maintain connections for each Base Object folder in the Developer tool.
- There are no Hub Stage settings like audit trails, hard delete detection, or delta detection.
- Columns created by the system must be populated manually.
Contrary to the Hub Stage Process, invalid lookup values arent discarded when the data loads to stage. The Hub Load procedure rejects and captures the record with the incorrect value.
Read Also: How To Crack Assistant Manager Interview
What Do You Mean By Vcloud Suite
vCloud Suite is often described as an enterprise-grade cloud and management solution. It is a collection of multiple VMware components to build and provide a completely integrated cloud infrastructure, that includes virtualization, software-defined datacenter services, disaster recovery, application management, etc.
What Do You Mean By Enterprise Data Warehousing
When the organization data is created at a single point of access it is called as enterprise data warehousing. Data can be provided with a global view to the server via a single source store. One can do periodic analysis on that same source. It gives better results but however the time required is high.