Can You Tell Me About A Time Where You Were Happy With Your Work And What Was Your Reaction
There was a time in my previous company where I was handling a project related to blogging that would potentially inspire a lot of people. So I worked on researching what topics would people get inspiration from and what would help them be better. I also conducted a survey which I shared with my friends, neighbors and relatives to get better insights about this. When we published the blog, the recognition that we got was tremendous. People loved how relatable the posts were and this turned out to be a significant reason behind the 90% sales of our products. I was very happy with my work as I did my part in contributing to company profits as well as providing a platform to people where they can get inspiration from.
Things To Keep In Mind During Hr Interview
It’s important to remember that an HR interview is a chance for the interviewer to learn about you, but it’s also an opportunity for you to learn about the company. As such, there are a few things you should keep in mind during the interview.
- Be respectful: Be professional and courteous to everyone you encounter during the interview, from the receptionist to the interviewer.
- Dress appropriately: Dress yourself like a professional. Do not go with the casual dressing, also be sure that what you wear is neat and tidy.
- During HR interviews, recruiters will try to test your attitude, including your level of flexibility, honesty, desire to continue learning, and diligence. Make sure to show your positive attitude during the interview.
- When answering questions, always remember not to talk for an excessively long time. Make sure you give concise and precise answers.
- If you don’t understand any questions during an interview, you should ask the interviewer for clarification, instead of giving the wrong answer.
The Ultimate List Of Hr Interview Questions
As a job seeker, you can often expect to speak with an HR professional before moving onto interviews with employees within the department for which you’re applying.
It’s critical you prepare well for your HR interview. Oftentimes, a company uses their HR department to screen candidates and decide which candidates are most qualified to move forward in the interview process.
But an HR professional has different goals when interviewing than your direct hiring manager does. While your hiring manager will ask questions specific to the role , the HR professional is interested in gaining broader insights regarding culture fit and whether you demonstrate the company’s values.
With that in mind, lets go over the definition for this interview and what you can expect.
Recommended Reading: What Should I Wear To An Interview
How Do You Feel About Working Overtime Or At Odd Hours
You must attempt to be as honest and clear about your intentions and comfort zone while answering this question. Do not agree to work overtime or on odd hours just to bag the job, and later youâll end up stuck where you arenât comfortable.
Sample answer:I never backtrack from fitting extra effort and time if the requirement arises. Im always ready to contribute to my team in every way possible, including working extra hours and odd times. However, I do expect to induce compensatory time offs to unwind and acquire back on track for whatâs prior to me. Therefore, if Iâm required to place in extra hours to complete urgent deliverables, or if thereâs a resource crunch in the team, Im ready to put in overtime for my team and the company.
How Much Salary Do You Expect
This is one of the most popular HR interview questions that will come across at every job interview as you progress in your career.
Heres how you can answer How much salary do you expect? in the following manner.
It is a great question, could you share the amount you offer to a fresher of the same job profile? Thank you for sharing, I am fine with your stated amount.
Also Check: How To Negotiate Salary In Interview
Where Do You See Yourself In 5 Years
Now, this question is the trickiest and deadliest one among all. This can prove to be a trap and you might not even be aware of it. While the question might seem casual, the main purpose of this question is to find out how long you are planning to stay in the company if hired and how your vision fits the vision of the company.
- You might be tempted to answer honestly by saying things about your plans for higher studies, your plans to start a startup, your plans of becoming a hiring manager in the company or if you dont have a plan then you are simply tempted to say you dont have a plan at all. These are the things the interviewer doesnt want to hear and hence avoid giving such answers.
- The recruiter is only interested in knowing how long you are planning to stay in the company and how satisfied you are with the current position you are going to be hired.
Over 5 years, I would love to utilize all the opportunities that this company provides me to learn by utilizing the internal and external training programs. My ultimate career goal is to become a Technology Architect and hence I would look forward to developing various products that represent the vision of this company and be a part of making a difference along with quickening my journey of becoming a Tech Architect.
Why Is This Question Asked
Candidates usually make it to the personal interview round if they match the essential criteria for the job. Therefore, your education or the experience on your resume is not enough to help the interviewer decide your candidature. They need to know more about you, see how you are different from the crowd, understand the things you bring to the table, and decide if you’re the ideal candidate.
Questions such as these are asked to know:
- how the job aspirant is different from their counterparts.
- if you will be an asset to the organization with your outstanding skills and expertise.
- if you will deliver excellent outcomes.
- if you will work toward fitting in the team and the culture seamlessly.
- if you will get the work done in the stipulated time in the best possible manner.
- if you will constantly keep learning and upgrading yourself as a professional.
- if you will handle criticism and feedback positively and learn from your shortcomings.
Now, you know why interviewers ask this question. So, let us talk about the perfect answer to the question, why should we hire you?
Recommended Reading: How To Prepare For Pharmacy Technician Interview
Become A Certified Hr Professional
8 HR Assistant Interview Questions and Answers
1. What Made You Apply for the HR Assistant Position?
2. Have You Applied to Any Other Jobs?
3. What Does the HR Assistant Job Position Entail?
4. Do You Have the Right Skills to Become a Human Resources Assistant?
5. Do You Think Youre Qualified for the HR Assistant Role? If Yes, Why?
6. Do You Have Any Experience With Human Resource Management Systems ?
7. Do You Have Any Experience in Managing Multiple Calendars?
8. How Do You Ensure Confidentiality and How Do You Maintain It?
Acing the HR Assistant Interview Questions
Every HR interview is unique because its more about gauging a persons soft skills in most cases. Thats why hiring managers focus on asking general questions rather than technical HR-based questions. If you look into HR assistant interview questions, they tend to follow the same pattern.
Each company has a different HR structure for their HR department, but youll always find an HR assistant position. The job title may vary depending on the companys size, but, their duties and responsibilities remain the same.
In any case, its crucial to prepare yourself for the HR assistant interview beforehand, considering you may get a wide variety of questions.
In this article, well go over the most asked, critical and top HR assistant interview questions, along with the ideal answer process.
Lets get started.
What Did You Like Most About The Job Description
This is one of the best HR interview questions to ask to start a conversation on requirements and responsibilities. And, its useful to assess how much the candidate has understood the role.
First, the job description itself was very well-written and gave me a good idea of what the role was about. Second, I really liked the fact that this accounting role involves collaboration with others. I love accounting, but I dont want to sit at my desk to look at numbers all day I want to have the chance to work as part of a team where we can exchange opinions and knowledge of new accounting methods and organize the company accounting department in the best way possible.
Also Check: What Are The Basic Interview Questions
Would You Like To Work Overtime Or Odd Hours
You need to be very sincere in answering this question. Do not tell a fake story or make a compromise to get the job. If you are comfortable with overtime working, you could say this:
I understand that putting extra effort impacts the company’s development, so I’m happy. If it means I’m contributing to the company, I’ll be glad to contribute.
Top Hr Interview Questions For Freshers
It is hard to clear the HR interview round when you have little work experience in the domain of your interest. However, preparing answers for common HR interview questions asked by recruiters to freshers increases your chance of getting the job on the first attempt. Read below some basic HR interview questions frequently asked by hiring managers to freshers.
Don’t Miss: What Type Of Leader Are You Interview Question
Skills Required By Hr Professionals
Weve put together the top skills every HR professional must possess to develop a successful career:
- Time management skills
- Basic knowledge about recruitment and hiring
- Analytical skills
If you are searching for ways to either develop or hone the above-mentioned skills besides expanding your knowledge-base, it is highly recommended to undertake a certification course in human resource management offered by Emeritus India partnership with reputed institutes. Such courses help you stay confident during your job interview as you attain in-depth knowledge about each and every concept in the field. Nonetheless, weve listed below common HR interview questions for freshers.
Would You Be Willing To Work Overtime During Nights And Sometimes On Weekends
HR questions for freshers are mostly filled with questions that seek the length to which you would go to complete tasks for the company. Here is a good time to reaffirm your commitment to your goals and make them believe that you will work your best.
Like I have said, I always complete all the tasks assigned to me with due diligence. And if those tasks sometimes need me to come in on the weekend, I will not hesitate as my priority is always good quality work.
Don’t Miss: How To Prepare For A College Interview
Understand The Job Profile
You must understand what the particular job profile demands of you. Dig into the job profile to understand what the company expects of you, what skills are required, what qualifications theyre looking for in a candidate. Once you gather the relevant information on the job profile requirements, youll not be taken by surprise if the interviewer asks you anything related to the job profile.
Featured Program for you: Business Analytics Certification Programme
Why This Role Attract You
- If you fully understand what the job entails
- How well you might match their requirement
- What appeals to you most about this job
Before answering this question, take your own time an answer in the way that convinces the interviewer. Explain your qualities according to the above-stated points.
Possible Answer 1
I have applied for this vacancy because it is an excellent match for my skills and experience. This role is exactly the sort of role I am currently targeting, and I am confident I will be able to make a major contribution.
Possible Answer 2
Sir, it’s a great privilege to work in a reputed company like yours. When I read about your requirement, I found that my skills are matching with them. Through this role, I can show my technical skills to contribute to the company growth.
You May Like: How To Send A Thank You After An Interview
If You Were Reborn As An Animal What Animal Would You Want To Be
This might seem to be an odd question to answer to. Rest assured, the interviewer does not want to joke with you. Instead, they ask this question to get what kind of personality you are, what your thought process is, and how creative you are by describing yourself as an animal.
Some tips to answer this question would be:
- While answering, make sure your justification is aligned with the job role you are choosing.
- Do not choose animals with poor traits.
- Do not choose animals with the traits that are opposing the ones required for the job role.
- Following are some traits of animals. Make sure your skills match those traits:
- Lion: Always ready to fight, never backs from challenges, strong and rightly known as the king of the jungle.
- Dog: Known for loyalty and friendliness.
- Elephant: Hardworking animal capable of performing hardcore work.
- Cows: Known for love and loyalty.
- Dolphin: Known for selflessness and helpfulness.
- Butterfly: Has the ability to transform from one stage to another and always waiting to fly beautifully.
- Ant: Known for being a hard worker and for the ability to carry weights twice their weight.
- Owl: Wise creatures known for seeing bigger pictures.
- Dove: Known for peace and non-violence.
- Chameleon: Jells well in all environments. Also considered to be sneaky. – This animal can be avoided.
- Snake: Known for being tricky – This animal should be avoided.
- Tortoise: Known for being lethargic and sluggish. – This animal should be avoided.
How Would Your Boss Or Coworkers Describe You
This question is pretty much the same as what are your greatest strengths, the only difference is that it should be from the point of view from your boss or coworkers.
Here, you want to focus on your traits and achievements that youve previously been praised for .
There are at least 2 ways to answer this question:
1) Describe a specific situation where you excelled at work
Theyd say Im super hard working. During my weekend-off, not one, but three of my coworkers got sick, and I had to spot for them.
The weekend was peak season in Nantucket, so the restaurant was getting seriously overwhelmed. All of a sudden, we went from being very prepared for the season, to complete panic.
Had to jump between serving, bussing, and line-cooking, but overall, managed to survive through the weekend successfully.
2) Quote a performance review
If youve previously worked in an office job, youre probably all too familiar with these.
Did your boss give you a glowing performance review? Make sure to mention it here!
Well, in my last performance review in September, my boss described me as someone who takes initiative.
My position as a PR manager involves constantly keeping track of our clients brand reputation, and if something goes wrong, dealing with it as fast as possible.
In a lot of cases, you need to be very proactive – if you wait for your entire team to have a meeting on how to deal with the issue, it might already be too late.
You May Like: What To Do In An Exit Interview
What Is Your Biggest Achievement So Far
Make sure to discuss only your work-related achievement. Pick up the most recent achievement of yours and answer this question.
Tips to answer this:
Answer the question in a STAR format. STAR represents: S: Situation, T: Task, A: Action, and R: Result
I have achieved several milestones to date in my career as a software developer. The most recent one is of the time when we were working on a critical component of a product pertaining to customer payments. We were working round the clock for around 2 months and I was a core developer. I was made a lead to this component for completing the task in another 2 months.
To meet the deadline, we ensured that we upskilled ourselves to learn all the aspects of the development of this module and also brought in a few more resources to complete it faster. Post the deployment, I trained our team to support the platform proficiently. Ultimately, we could complete the product well in advance of the deadline. When the product was launched, the higher management was super proud of us and our team was awarded for our outstanding performance in the quarterly town hall. It was a very proud moment for me.
What Do You Think Are Your Strengths And Weaknesses
This is one of all the kinds of HR interview questions for freshers thats absolute and are available in every company you face an interview with. One amongst the foremost liked questions by interviewers, this enables them to grasp how you rate yourself. More importantly, here they judge if youre attentive to the items youre good at, and if theres anything you recognize youll improve about yourself.However, a wise thing that several interviewees do, so as to look more appealing, they fight to showcase their weaknesses as a variety of positives. Letâs take a glance.
Sample answer:I consider my strengths to be:I am a decent communicator which has helped me tackle leadership roles in my college.I am a keen observer acutely responsive to peopleâs problems and their strengths.I flourish when I work with a team thats given a specific task to be done within a specified fundamental time period.I am a fast learner and venture out of my way to ask inquiries to better my understanding.I try and always be a positive influence on people and spread joy around me.
For my weaknesses,I am a perfectionist and l m obsessive about attention to detail. This sometimes derails me off the project as I begin to minutely address small issues within the projects.In order to exceed fast, I find myself taking more responsibilities than I can handle.I thrive on feedback on my performance. If I donât receive them, I sometimes miss my mark and drift within the way Iâve been working.
You May Like: Interview Questions For Executive Director Non Profit