What Are The Testing Methods That Come Under Api Testing
One of the most common Web API testing interview questions is about the testing methods. They are:
- Unit testing and Functional testing
- Load testing to test the performance under load
- Discovery testing to list, create and delete the number of calls documented in API
- Usability and Reliability testing to get consistent results
- Security and Penetration testing to validate all types of authentication
- Automation testing to create and run scripts that require regular API calls
- End to end Integration and Web UI testing
- API documentation testing to determine its efficiency and effectiveness
Q3 What Is Abstraction In Java
Abstraction refers to the quality of dealing with ideas rather than events. It basically deals with hiding the details and showing the essential things to the user. Thus you can say that abstraction in Java is the process of hiding the implementation details from the user and revealing only the functionality to them. Abstraction can be achieved in two ways:
What Are The Web Relation Functionalities Provided By Soap Protocol
- HTTPUtils: This provides the functionality of the POST method to safely meet the requirements.
- Parameter: It is an argument for an RPC call used by both the client and the server.
- Response: It is an object that represents an RPC reply from both client and server, but the result will not be displayed until after the method call.
- TCPTunnel: It is an object that provides the ability to listen on a specific port and to forward all the host and port names.
- TypeConverter: It helps to convert an object of one type into another type and this is called using the class in the form object.
Recommended Reading: How To Ask Good Interview Questions
Q44 What Is A Map In Java
In Java, Map is an interface of Util package which maps unique keys to values. The Map interface is not a subset of the main Collection interface and thus it behaves little different from the other collection types. Below are a few of the characteristics of Map interface:
Each key can map at max one value.
What Is Api Documentation
The API documentation is a complete, accurate technical writing giving instructions on how to effectively use and integrate with an API. It is a compact reference manual that has all the information needed to work with the API, and helps you answer all the API testing questions with details on functions, classes, return types, arguments, and also examples and tutorials.
You May Like: How To Thank For The Interview
What Is The Difference Between Equals Method And Double Equal Operator In Java
- This method is defined in the Object class in Java.
- It is used for checking the equality of contents between two objects defined by business logic.
- public boolean equals is the method provided by the Object class.
double equal operator
- It is a binary operator in Java.
- It is used for comparing addresses , i.e checks if both the objects are pointing to the same memory location.
- Default implementation uses double equal operator == to compare two objects.
How Long Does A Qa Interview Take
How long a QA interview takes depends on a variety of factors. For instance, is this a first round or last round interview? Are you applying for an entry level position or one of the most senior roles available?
You also cant predict interview length based on how likely or not you are to get a job. The company may conduct very thorough interviews regardless or have one as more of a perfunctory task for someone they feel is best for the role. However, experience for senior vs. associate level QA engineers definitely plays a part.
You May Like: How To Give An Interview As An Employer
Why Should You Use Selenium For Test Automation
Selenium should be used for test automation as it:
- Is a free and open-source tool
- Has a large user base and community support
- Has cross-browser compatibility
- Has great platform compatibility
- Supports multiple programming languages
- Has fresh and regular repository developments
- Supports distributed testing
Q11 Name The Types Of Transaction Management That Spring Supports
Two types of transaction management are supported by Spring. They are:
Apart from these Core Java interview questions for experienced professionals, if you want to get trained by professionals on this technology, you can opt for a structured training from edureka!
Also Check: How To Prepare For A Technical Engineering Interview
What Is Load Testing
Load testing is a performance testing technique that sees how a system behaves under heavy demand. Load testing examples include but are not limited to the following.
- Test the system with the maximum number of users allowed.
- Send the maximum number of requests that a system can handle at any time.
- Send the largest file size that a system can handle.
- Test a system under low memory conditions.
What Are The Most Commonly Used Http Methods Supported By Rest
- GET is only used to request data from a specified resource. Get requests can be cached and bookmarked. It remains in the browser history and haS length restrictions. GET requests should never be used when dealing with sensitive data.
- POST is used to send data to a server to create/update a resource. POST requests are never cached and bookmarked and do not remain in the browser history.
- PUT replaces all current representations of the target resource with the request payload.
- DELETE removes the specified resource.
- OPTIONS is used to describe the communication options for the target resource.
- HEAD asks for a response identical to that of a GET request, but without the response body.
Read Also: How To Be A Good Interviewer
Get Ready For Your Upcoming Technical Interview
If youâve begun preparing for your next technical interview, register for Interview Kickstartâs technical interview webinar and get ahead by understanding foolproof and advanced strategies from industry experts. These reviews from our alums will tell you exactly how weâve helped thousands of students to scallop their professional careers by helping them crack technical interviews at the biggest companies.
Can You Explain The Various Tasks Of A Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Every company will have minor differences in the tasks they expect from their QA engineers. However, being able to list at least a few of the possible quality assurance tasks and duties you might have, can show the interviewer that you understand the job. Studying the job description can help you relate the listed tasks to your answer.
Example: “Based on the job description, I understand the major tasks include configuring and integrating the software as well as testing the programs. Some other tasks might include software design, source code writing and change management.”
Recommended Reading: How To Prepare For A Behavioral Based Interview
Q13 What Do You Mean By Aggregation
An aggregation is a specialized form of Association where all object has their own lifecycle but there is ownership and child object can not belong to another parent object. Lets take an example of Department and teacher. A single teacher can not belong to multiple departments, but if we delete the department teacher object will not destroy.
What Are The Various Types Of Navigation Commands
Selenium supports a total of 4 navigation commands, listed as follows:
- navigate.back Takes the user back to the previous webpage as per the web browser history. Requires no parameters.
- navigate.forward Navigates the user to the next web page in the web browser history. Requires no parameters.
- navigate.refresh Reload all the web elements by refreshing the current webpage. Requires no parameters.
- navigate.to Lets the user launch a new web browser window and navigate to the specified URL given as a parameter.
Also Check: How To Watch The Meghan Markle Interview
Soap Or Rest Apis Which Method To Use
SOAP is the heavyweight choice for Web service access. It provides the following advantages when compared to REST:
- SOAP is not very easy to implement and requires more bandwidth and resources.
- SOAP message request is processed slower as compared to REST and it does not use web caching mechanism.
- WS-Security: While SOAP supports SSL it also supports WS-Security which adds some enterprise security features.
- WS-AtomicTransaction: Need ACID Transactions over a service, youre going to need SOAP.
- WS-ReliableMessaging: If your application needs Asynchronous processing and a guaranteed level of reliability and security. Rest doesnt have a standard messaging system and expects clients to deal with communication failures by retrying.
- If the security is a major concern and the resources are not limited then we should use SOAP web services. Like if we are creating a web service for payment gateways, financial and telecommunication related work, then we should go with SOAP as here high security is needed.
REST is easier to use for the most part and is more flexible. It has the following advantages when compared to SOAP:
What Is Selenese And What Are The Three Types Of Selenese
Selenese is a set of commands in Selenium used for running a test.
Three types of Selenese are as follows:
- Actions: They are used for performing interactions and operations with the target elements.
- Accessors: They are used for storing values in a variable.
- Assertions: They are used as a checkpoint.
Read Also: How To Prepare For Your First Interview
What Are The Significant Changes/upgrades In Various Selenium Versions
- Version 1.0 was the initial release of Selenium.
- It included three tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, and Selenium Grid.
- Selenium WebDriver was introduced replacing Selenium RC in version “2.0”.
- With the onset of WebDriver, RC got deprecated and moved to the legacy package.
- The latest release Selenium 3 has new added features and functionalities.
- It includes Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, and Selenium Grid.
Ready To Nail Your Next Coding Interview
Whether youâre a coding engineer gunning for a software developer or software engineer role, a tech lead, or youâre targeting management positions at top companies, IK offers courses specifically designed for your needs to help you with your technical interview preparation!
If youâre looking for guidance and help with getting started, As pioneers in the field of technical interview preparation, we have trained thousands of software engineers to crack the most challenging coding interviews and land jobs at their dream companies, such as Google, Facebook, Apple, Netflix, Amazon, and more!
Read Also: What Questions Should I Ask For An Interview
Top 40+ Java Interview Questions And Answers In 2022
In this post, we see Core Java Interview Questions for Freshers and Experienced. This post covers Core Java Interview Questions for Selenium Automation Testers too. This post on Java Interview Questions is prepared with basic and important concepts of Java with examples for your easy understanding.
Dont miss Java Quiz
Faqs On Qa Automation Interview Questions
Q1. What is automation testing in QA?
In Quality Assurance, automation testing refers to running tests on the software weâre developing with the help of automation testing tools and reporting the results. Automation testing makes many time-consuming tasks that otherwise would have been done by manual testers far more efficient.
Q2. How do I become a QA automation Tester?
To become a QA automation tester, you need to: Master the basics of testing, including manual testing. Experiment with and get experience using different automation testing tools. Learn to code both concepts and practice to a decent level. Learn the ATLC methodology and learn how to efficiently understand any new applications.
Q3. What are the most popular tools for QA automation testing?
Some of the most popular test tools for QA automation testing are: Rational Robot, Selenium, and QTP
Q4. Is automation a promising career?
For someone who has technical skills and wants to pursue a career in the tech field, automation engineering can potentially be good to understand any new applications efficiently career choice if they keep upgrading their skills and experience over time.
Q5. Who earns more, a developer or tester?
The average initial salary of a software developer has been significantly more than the initial average salary of a tester in the past and now. We can say that clearly shows that initially, an average developer earns more than an average tester.
Read Also: How To Stand Out In An Interview
Why Do Testers Choose Selenium Over Qtp
Selenium is more widely used than QTP since:
- Selenium is an open-source tool, whereas QTP is a profitable tool
- Selenium is used specifically for testing web-based applications, while QTP can be used for testing clientserver applications too
- Selenium supports multiple browsers like Firefox, IE, Opera, Safari, etc. and has multiple operating systems compatibility too. Selenium-supported OS platforms are Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. On the other hand, QTP is limited to Internet Explorer on Windows
- Selenium supports multi-programming language compatibility. Languages supported by Selenium are Python, Ruby, Perl, etc. But, QTP supports only VBScript
You can find more on Selenium by visiting our Selenium Community!
How Do You Find Broken Links In Selenium Webdriver
We can detect whether the given links are broken or not by using the following process:
Preparing for a Software Testing Interview! Check out our Software Testing Interview Questions.
Also Check: How To Thank You After Interview
What Are The Various Approaches Available For Developing Soap Based Web Services
There are two different methods available for developing SOAP-based web services, which are explained below:
- Contract-first approach: the contract is first defined by XML and WSDL, and then Java classes are derived from the contract.
- Contract-last approach: Java classes are first defined, and then the contract is generated, which is normally the WSDL file from the Java class.
Contract-first method is the most popular approach.
When Do We Use Findelement And Findelements
findElement is used to access any single element on the web page. It returns the object of the first matching element of the specified locator.
WebElement element = driver.findElement)
findElements is used to find all the elements in the current web page matching the specified locator value. All the matching elements would be fetched and stored in the list of Web elements.
List < WebElement> elementList = driver.findElements)
Read Also: How To Prepare A Case Study For An Interview
Q18 What Is A Constructor Overloading In Java
In Java, constructor overloading is a technique of adding any number of constructors to a class each having a different parameter list. The compiler uses the number of parameters and their types in the list to differentiate the overloaded constructors.
class Demopublic Demo}
In case you are facing any challenges with these java interview questions, please comment on your problems in the section below. Apart from this Java Interview Questions Blog, if you want to get trained from professionals on this technology, you can opt for a structured training from edureka!
Q7 What Are The Differences Between Servletcontext Vs Servletconfig
The difference between ServletContext and ServletConfig in Servlets JSP is in below tabular format.
|Servlet config object represent single servlet||It represent whole web application running on particular JVM and common for all the servlet|
|Its like local parameter associated with particular servlet||Its like global parameter associated with whole application|
|Its a name value pair defined inside the servlet section of web.xml file so it has servlet wide scope||ServletContext has application wide scope so define outside of servlet tag in web.xml file.|
|getServletConfig method is used to get the config object||getServletContext method is used to get the context object.|
|for example shopping cart of a user is a specific to particular user so here we can use servlet config||To get the MIME type of a file or application session related information is stored using servlet context object.|
Don’t Miss: How To Start An Interview With Someone
What Are The Test Library Apis Provided By The Robot Framework
Three test library APIs are available in the Robot Framework.
Static API: A module or class with methods that map directly to keyword names that accept the same arguments as the implementing methods.
Dynamic API: At runtime, the names of the keywords and how to implement them are decided.
Hybrid API: Combines static and dynamic APIs. Libraries have methods that specify which keywords to implement, but those keywords must be directly accessible.
Q17 What Are The Important Methods Of Java Exception Class
Methods are defined in the base class Throwable. Some of the important methods of Java exception class are stated below.
Synchronized Throwable getCause This method returns the cause of the exception or null id as represented by a Throwable object.
Recommended Reading: How To Answer Exit Interview Questions