What Communication Skills Do You Have That Will Aid This Position
There are many examples here for great skills to list off when asked about communication skills.
- Friendly, welcoming energy and tone of voice.
- Strong memory to communicate to customers items on the menu and answer questions.
- Direct, clear, and simple language to be sure all demographics of people can understand.
- I can speak loudly without shouting so that my team can hear orders and other details I need to express to them.
- Professional and polite manner kept during conflicts to calm and resolve the situation.
Recommended Course: Effective Communication Use Code SCOUT50 for 50% Off At Checkout
Do You Have Customer Service Experience
A big part of working at McDonalds is interacting with customers. Having customer service experience can make it easier to get the job.
However, most people who get accepted for a job have no experience. If you dont have it, dont let it discourage you.
Instead, mention your friendliness, ability to get along with others, and your ability to empathize.
Any job or life experience where you had to interact with lots of people is a plus.
What Questions Do You Have For Us
Finally, to end this list of McDonalds interview questions, here are some questions you could ask the interviewer.
- What are the characteristics of the top-performing staff at McDonalds?
- What is the trajectory of long-term employees in how they can advance to higher levels in the future?
- What are the hours that you are looking for a prospective employee to be able to work?
- What training is lined up for me to receive were I to get this position?
Bestseller: Mastering Common Interview Questions Free One Month Trial Of LinkedIn Learning
You May Like: Questions To Ask A Cfo
Interviews During A Block Of Time
Walk-in interviews are typically held during a block of time and are held on a first-come, first-served basis. These interviews are often held for seasonal employment or by companies looking to fill many positions at once. Companies that have an ongoing need for new employees may hold daily or weekly walk-in interviews.
How To Open A Mcdonald’s Franchise
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 22 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.There are 12 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. In this case, 81% of readers who voted found the article helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. This article has been viewed 358,962 times.Learn more…
McDonald’s Corp. is the largest, and perhaps most recognizable, chain of hamburger fast food restaurants in the world. More than 58 million customers are served at McDonald’s restaurants each day, in more than 100 countries. Approximately 85% of the restaurants are owned and operated independently through franchise agreements and joint ventures. Franchise owners must pay franchise and marketing fees, as well as monthly rent, to the parent corporation.
Recommended Reading: Questions To Ask Cfo In Interview
What To Expect At A Mcdonalds Interview
- The interview process can last from an hour to weeks depending on the position you are interviewing for.
- The interview format depends on the store and the management.
- Sometimes you can have a walk-in-interview. However, most interviews are one-to-one or group interviews.
- It takes 2 to 4 days for McDonalds to make a job offer so dont despair. They rarely hire people on the spot.
Where Do You Live Do You Have Reliable Transportation
The closer you live to work the better. However, the most important thing is whether you can get to your job on time.
- I have a car and can get here quickly and on time.
- I live on the other side of town but can easily get here with public transportation.
- I live close to work, so I can just walk here.
You May Like: Women’s Outfit For Job Interview
What Makes Great Customer Service
In the list of potential McDonalds interview questions, youll be asked this question in some variation, so read the answers below to get an idea of what to say.
- Creating welcoming and friendly energy with body language, smiles, and communication.
- Delivering the foot on time, every time, with consistency being something customers trust.
- A clean and comfortable environment that customers want to spend time in.
- The customer feeling like they are a person and treated with respect, rather than just another number in the line.
Recommended Course: Outstanding Customer Service - Your Ultimate Guide Use Code SCOUT50 for 50% Off At Checkout
What Are Your Weaknesses
Its harder to talk about your weaknesses. Thats because you dont want to sell yourself short. At the same time, you dont want to give a weakness that feels like bragging.
You also want to avoid weaknesses that are related to important areas McDonalds looks for in candidates such as customer service and work ethic.
Here are a few examples of weaknesses:
- Sometimes I push myself too hard, which has led to burnout in the past. These days Im smarter about managing my energy levels.
- I can be a perfectionist. But I also understand that sometimes, getting it done in time can be more important than getting it done perfectly.
- Sometimes I lack assertiveness, which comes from a lack of self-confidence in some aspects of my life. However, I dont let it interfere with the quality of my work.
You May Like: Questions To Ask Cfo During Interview
Why Is My Mcdonald’s Drive
We are closely monitoring all local, state and federal regulations to provide customers with a contactless pickup experience. As a result of these regulations, some restaurants are only serving customers through the Drive-Thru, while others remain open for carry-out, as well as serving customers through the Drive-Thru, with Mobile Order & Pay on the McDonald’s app and with McDelivery®
The health and safety of restaurant employees and customers is a top priority. In addition to our standard sanitation procedures, our restaurant teams have:
* Have implemented contactless operations
* Undergo wellness checks before starting their shift
* Are trained on social distancing best practices behind the counter
* Have installed protective barriers at order points
* Are wearing masks or face coverings if unvaccinated , and gloves for food handling, and ensuring masks are available for managers, crew and customers.
* Have increased the frequency of cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfection of high-touchpoint surfaces
* Are continuing our high standards of promoting regular and thorough handwashing and reminding our crew members of our best practices for personal hygiene
* Where available, are increasing the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer as a supplement to frequent handwashing
Additionally, new procedures and guidelines for in-restaurant dining include:
* Closing some seating and tables to accommodate social distancing
How Would You Greet Each Customer
Showing that youre a hospitable person is key for working in the realm of customer service.
- Beginning with a smile and a Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening.
- I would then ask them How may I help you?
- I would keep a friendly tone and open and welcoming body language.
Recommended Course: Good Customer Service Use Code SCOUT50 for 50% Off At Checkout
You May Like: What Are The Top 10 Behavioral Questions In An Interview
What Other Professional Experience Do You Have
Describe your other job experiences. Start from the last job you had and work your way backward. Emphasize jobs where you had customer service responsibilities.
- I worked at Walmart for the last 2 years and it was a great learning experience. I worked as a cashier and interacted with the customers every day. I feel my experience there will help me with jobs that require customer service.
- I worked at a local restaurant for a few months. It was my first job. It helped me understand how business and the restaurant industry works.
Never badmouth a previous company, manager, or colleague. Nobody wants to work with a negative person.
Why Do You Want To Work At Mcdonalds
This is one of the guaranteed McDonalds Interview Questions. You may have multiple motivations but the truth and honesty will not always help you in an interview.
Much better will be to focus on what makes you a perfect fit for the job position that you apply for, e.g. your interest in the dining industry, great interpersonal and communication skills, reliability, etc.
In your answer, you can also refer to what makes McDonalds special among other fast-food restaurant chains in the market, for example, the opportunities for further development and growth, clear career pathways, etc.
Also Check: How To Prepare System Design Interview
How Would You Deal With Angry Customers
McDonalds interview questions will also head in the direction of assessing your people skills, like how you handle complaints.
- Keeping a calm and polite manner, I would first understand that they are not angry with me personally but at the situation.
- I would ask questions to determine what happened.
- I would then let the customer know that I can talk to higher management to solve this issue and ask that they wait as I assist them.
Recommended Course: Customer Service: Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Free One Month Trial Of LinkedIn Learning
What Is Your Greatest Weakness
The interviewer is looking to see where your professionalism, as well as your humility in knowing that theres always room to grow somewhere.
- I find that I take on many jobs at once, sometimes helping others if I feel that their work is becoming inefficient or they need help, this can lead me to take on more responsibility than I needed to do.
- Im a perfectionist in my work, so I am learning how to keep this strong attention to detail, while also being fast and efficient.
- I love chatting with people and am generally a social person, which leaves me making friends with each customer. I realize there is a balance to be found in keeping the service running smoothly and being more direct, whilst remaining my bubbly self.
Recommended Course: Modern Leadership: Give & Get Honest Feedback At Work Free One Month Trial Of Skillshare Premium
Read Also: Design Interview Preparation
What Do You Know About The Mcdonalds Brand
McDonalds interview questions will most likely be based on technical experience, though not all. This will give the interviewer a sense of your general knowledge of the company.
- Its a global brand that has more than 36,000 restaurants in over 100 countries.
- McDonalds is the most well-known quick-service restaurant chain globally.
- It stays current in offering menu updates beyond the classics, such as special edition meals and evolutions on the favorites.
- McDonalds offers a range of healthy options from fruit and salads to wraps and vegetarian meals.
What Is Your Favorite Menu Item Why Would Anybody Buy It
They want to know how well you know the company as well as your communication skills. Spend some time studying their product line on their website.
Even better: go to a restaurant, order your favorite item, and take notes on how the food makes you feel.
Then describe those sensations to the interviewer: The fries are crunchy and tasty. Sweet and salty, but not too much.
Recommended Reading: Questions To Ask A Cfo In An Interview
What Position Do You Want To Work In What Position Do You Not Want To Work In
McDonalds wants to know if you have a strong preference for the type of work you want to be responsible for. Having a preference is fine, but so is being versatile.
- I like to take orders because I love interacting with customers. But I can make food too.
- I love to make food and would prefer to spend time in the back of the restaurant.
- I dont have a strong preference. Im adaptable and can work in any position in the restaurant.
Any of these answers is fine.
Mcdonalds Interview Questions And Answers
1. What can you tell us about McDonalds?
- McDonalds is the largest quick-service restaurant chain in the world.
- As of 2020, theyre nearly 40,000 McDonalds restaurants.
- McDonalds sells hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken, French Fries, breakfast items, soft drinks, shakes, and desserts.
- McDonalds offers a wide variety of healthy food options such as salads, yogurts, apple and orange juice, snack wraps, and fresh fruit.
- Approximately 70 percent of McDonalds U.S. sales now come from drive-thru windows.
2. Why do you want to work at McDonalds?
Possible Answers are:
- Since McDonalds is a huge corporation, state you see lots of opportunities to learn and grow. Mention you read on the McDonalds website more than 50% of McDonalds franchise owners started off behind the counter and so did 75% of restaurant managers.
- If going to school state, it is a great way to pay for school.
- State you enjoy working with people and hope to work in a challenging fast-paced environment like McDonalds.
- Say you feel McDonalds offers exceptional value for its customers and because of this you would be proud to represent them.
3. Why should I hire you?
4. What hours can you work?
- It is in your best interest to be as flexible as possible with your hours so try and say yes. Note many of their restaurants are now open 24 hours a day.
5. Are you looking for full time or part-time work?
6. Where do you see yourself in five years?
DID YOU KNOW
7. What is your greatest strength?
Recommended Reading: Interview Questions For A Cfo
What Are Your Requirements Regarding The Working Schedule
One of the most important and often decisive McDonalds Interview Questions. It is not worth cheating with this answer.
Think and prepare in advance a list of all your previous commitments . Be specific and dont be afraid that it will impact negatively the result of an interview. McDonalds is one of the companies which offer flexible and adjustable working schedules. Keep in mind, that many McDonalds restaurants are open 24/7 .
The general rule is that the more available you are, the bigger chances you have to get the job. Remember, however, that even if you are not always fully available the days, you can always offer to work in the evenings or at nights.
How Do Open Job Interviews Work
Open job interviews are one of the types of job interviews that can be the most challenging to participate in. All the applicants show up at once, and youre going to be among a group of people who may be competing for the same job you are.
On the plus side, employers often hold walk-in interviews when they have multiple openings to fill, so you still should have a good chance of getting hired even if there are a lot of other candidates.
Interviews may be held on a one-on-one basis in an interview or meeting room. Otherwise, there may be tables set up for recruiters to chat informally with applicants. The interviews will be brief. Applicants may be asked to stay to discuss a job further with a recruiter, or a second interview at a later date may be arranged. In some cases, applicants are immediately offered a job.
Read Also: Prepare For System Design Interview
How Would You React To An Angry Customer What If The Customer Is Wrong
- I would remain calm and listen to the customer’s complaint while empathizing with him.
- I would apologize while trying to find a solution by following McDonalds procedures with the goal of making the customer happy.
- If that was not possible I would communicate with the manager.
- If the customer was wrong, I should inform him or her of why they are wrong while still being respectful of their needs.
What Would You Do If A Customer Orders A Product Which Cannot Be Prepared Because One Of The Ingredients Is Over
Such a situation may happen and even if it is not your fault, you are representing the restaurant and the company and the first thing to do is to apologize. If it is a temporary situation and you know when the missing ingredient will be available back, you can inform the customer. You should also propose to the customer some alternatives. Show your empathy, solidarity, and help to find another sandwich/drink/coffee, etc. which will satisfy the customer.
You May Like: Best Interview Attire For A Woman
How Do I Know If Mcdelivery Is Available To My Address
Depending on where you are, McDelivery is available on DoorDash, Uber Eats, Grubhub, or Postmates apps. Uber Eats is also available to order from the McDonald’s app. To order McDelivery through the McDonald’s app, log in, if you are not already. Select ‘Order’ from the bottom menu bar and switch from ‘Pickup’ to ‘McDelivery’. Enter your desired delivery address and you will be notified if McDelivery is available to you through our app.
Best Questions To Ask In A Mcdonalds Interview
After the interviewer has finished asking their questions, the interviewer should ask you if you have any questions. If your interviewer does not ask you, speak up and ask if there is time for one or two questions. How much time you have left in the interview will determine how many questions you are able to ask, but it is a good idea to at least ask a couple of questions. Asking some of the below questions shows that you are interested in the job and have a sincere interest in doing a very good job if you are hired.
- What is a typical day in this role?
- What do you think excellent customer service means in this position?
- What training can I expect to receive?
- What characteristics do you think make the ideal McDonaldâs employee?
- Are there opportunities to progress here at this McDonalds location or at other locations?
- What aspects of the job do you like most?
- Is there anything you dislike about working at McDonaldâs?
- Are there opportunities for me to gain leadership skills in this role?
- Do your top performers have certain characteristics in common? What are they?
- What hours would you require me to work?
Don’t Miss: Questions To Ask The Cfo In An Interview