What Do You Mean By Sap Hana
SAP HANA stands for High-performance Analytical Application and is one of the best available tools for database management. It can directly be linked to ERP systems. It is possible for the users to consider the frontend modeling for the replication center in this approach. In addition to this, it is one of the best available tools for load control and management in the server.
Q1: What Are The Different Types Of Permanent License Keys In Hana System
Ans: There are two types of permanent License keys for HANA system
While activating SAP HANA Modeling view, you get an error message Repository: Encountered an error in repository runtime extension Deploy Attribute View: SQL: transaction rolled back by an internal error: insufficient privilege: Not authorized
Grant SELECT privileges on schemas of the used data foundation tables to user “_SYS_REPO”
GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA “< SCHEMA_NAME> ” TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION
What Are The Sap Hana Use Cases
SAP HANA backs diverse use cases for real-time analytics. Some examples are:
- Optimizing telecommunications
- Profitability forecasting
- Energy use optimization
SAP HANA has demonstrated its value in the sector of data management and application development. It retains more than 1000 certified applications that run predominantly on SAP HANA. It is regarded as one of the few database systems that you can rely on when networks are performing best. SAP HANA is also certified for the Linux operating system .
What Exactly Is An Information Model
In order to make data modeling simpler for corporate customers with just a functional understanding of a repository but no technical background, information models such as Attribute, Analytic, and Calculation models are often used. Hence, the information model is able to disguise its complexity while still providing satisfactory results for users that run queries on it.
Information models may be:
- Utilized for the purpose of transforming a regular pattern into a structure with several aspects without requiring technical expertise.
- The process of converting the source data, which are presented in tables, into a structure that is comprehensible to a company.
- Make effective advantage of the available hardware advances in HANA.
- Having both complex logic and transformations that are carried out at the database layer.
Basic Sap Hana Interview Questions
1. What is SAP HANA?
Ans: SAP HANA is a high-performance business analytical application tool and supports an in-memory computing engine. SAP HANA is a type of ERP functional module which contains a front-end modeling studio that can be used for server management application developments and load controlling methods.
2. Why is SAP HANA a unique model?
Ans: SAP HANA is considered as a unique ERP tool in many possible ways. The reasons are as follows
- SAP HANA is the first-ever technology used for handling both OLTP and OLAP application processing methods.
- SAP HANA supports the query processing environment for both structured and unstructured data sets. This can be used in relational database tables and structured data sets.
- This tool contains a multi-core process engine used to process the data sets parallelly. The parallel process can be done using different columns of the same database tables.
- Using a column database set, this tool optimizes the different data structures and very easy to store large amounts of compressed data sets.
3. Mention the two types of relational data stored in SAP HANA?
Ans: The two types of relational data stored in SAP HANA are
4. What is the role of the persistence layer in the SAP HANA model?
5. Mention the components used in SAP HANA technology?
- SAP HANA studio
6. Name the platforms which support SAP HANA?
Ans: SAP HANA supports the following various platforms
Recommended Reading: Java Interview Coding Questions For 10 Years Experience
What Do You Know About The Master Controller Job In The Hana
It is a controller that can be deployed for various reasons and purposes. It simply makes sure of creating logging tables and triggers the same in the system. The synonyms can also be created with the help of the master controller. Also, the new entries in the administration tables can be made with the help of this approach. The whole table can also be loaded with this approach.
What Are The Advantages Of Sap Hana
The advantages of SAP HANA are stated below
- The first and foremost is In-Memory Technology, which helps the users to explore and analyze the transactional and analytic data in real time, virtually and also from any data source.
- The aggregation of data can be done from more than one source in SAP HANA.
- In SAP HANA Real-time replication services can be used. It can access and replicate data from SAP ERP.
- Information modeling and design environment are always available.
- It also has SQL and MDX interface from the third-party support system. And this is an add-on advantage for the users.
Also Check: What To Write In An Email After An Interview
What You Should Look For In A Relational Database Management Tool While Selecting The Same
There are certain things that largely matter. The needs can vary depending on business to business. A few of the top factors to pay attention to are listed below.
- It should be compatible and comfortable for us
- The support must be extensible to a different type of formats
- There should be no limit on the data handling
- The tool should be good enough to maintain the privacy and the security of data
- There must be some defined filters for data management
- The overall cost associated with the tools
- Configuration and maintenance requirements.
How Much Does Sap Hana Cost
The price of an SAP HANA license relies on per-gigabyte use. SAP takes into consideration additional aspects, involving the present market price of competitor databases while delivering a quote for SAP HANA. The total price depends, however, on each business needs. A few things to consider when analyzing whether to incorporate SAP HANA or not are execution needs, adaptability, scalability, and whether or not full control over the instance is required or just want to take advantage of in-memory computing.
Also Check: How To Prepare For Google Onsite Interview
If The Tables Of A Schema Are Implemented To Create Modeling Views Then Why Is It Essential To Grant Select Privilege To User : Sys: Repo
If tables of a schema for example SCHEMA_ABC are implemented to create the modelling views, then the following SQL statement must be performed before starting any such modelling views.
GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA SCHEMA_ABC TO _SYS_REPO with the option of GRANTConsider _SYS_REPO as the activation guy. It takes your models and makes the required runtime objects from them. Thus user _SYS_REPO requires the allowance to choose YOUR tables/views. . If different customers require to choose this view , then _SYS_REPO ought to have the extra allowance to grant the selection further .
After all your models that access data in your schemas has been activated, _SYS_REPO wants to offer you and other users read access to the activated models.
What Exactly Is A Posting Key
When a transaction is put into a line item, the posting key, a two-digit numeric code, is used to identify the kind of transaction that was made. It decides the sorts of accounts, the structure of the input screens, and the different kinds of posting. When publishing specific transactions to the general ledger, special posting keys might be of assistance.
Examples of posting keys circumstances include the following:
- You will be granted permission to use the regular posting and will be allowed to edit or modify it in accordance with the requirements imposed by the business organization. The conventional SAP system is the one responsible for delivering the typical posting key.
- Using SAP-provided posting keys, you may manage the document items in a given line item.
- It determines whether the money should be posted to the credit or debit side of the account.
Read Also: What To Ask After An Interview
Describe The Informational Views In Sap Hana
The interviewer or examiner wants to understand your knowledge and working experience on SAP HANA. The best way to answer this question is to highlight the major points and reasonably explain the points.
There are three types of information views in SAP HANA and they are as follows:
- Attribute view: This informational view uses attributes, or the non-measurable, non-quantifiable data to design views and models according to the business logic. However, the data used in attribute view is referred to as Master data as it is used as reference information in other views . The tables in the attribute view do not contain any facts or measures.
- Analytic view: In this informational view, we can create star schemas, having a central transaction or fact table and multiple dimensional tables linked to it via primary keys. The measurements are contained only in the central transaction table which can be grouped or joined with multiple dimensional tables.
- Calculation view: This informational view is a progressive model which uses both the elements of attribute and analytic views to make a complex data model that follows complex business logic.
Moreover, this information view gives us the freedom to combine and create from a range of options like tables, column views, analytic views, attribute views. It enables us to perform multidimensional reporting by using measures and dimensions from different sources.
Before You Continue To Google
- Deliver and maintain Google services
- Track outages and protect against spam, fraud and abuse
- Measure audience engagement and site statistics to understand how our services are used and enhance the quality of those services
- Develop and improve new services
- Deliver and measure the effectiveness of ads
- Show personalised content, depending on your settings
- Show personalised ads, depending on your settings
You May Like: How To Study For A Technical Interview
Describe The Sap Portal
- The SAP Enterprise Portal gives users web-based accessibility that is tailored to their responsibilities, as well as secure access to all of the operations, resources, and products that are hosted inside SAP infrastructures. The only thing that’s required of workers is a desktop computer and a web application, and they may go to work as soon as they’ve authenticated themselves via the portal. Gateway, Connectivity, and Organizational Learning are all components of NetWeaver that are included in this product. Additionally, pre-defined material is made available by the SAP system. At the moment, the portfolio consists of more than one hundred business bundles, each of which may be delivered in a variety of dialects.
- The ability to utilize many Java Server Pages at the same time is the most significant benefit of using this platform. Each view may be a JSP section or a website link that interacts with the J2EE server, allowing you to manage several projects on the same page.
- Additionally, it may be utilized with non-platform-specific software. It may be used to manage a wide range of programs, including Microsoft Outlook and others.
Name And Describe Types Of Pre
Sales activities are classified into two types:
Pre-sales activity: These are the activities that occur before the sales of the products to customers, like quotations and inquiries from the vendors.
Post-sales activity: These are the activities that occur after the transactions have been completed. These activities include relationship management and support.
Recommended Reading: How To Interview A New Employee
Compare Sap Hana And Bwa Also State How Is Sap Hana Working Currently
BWA or : BWA is known as an in-memory accelerator for Business Warehouse . The main focus of BWA is on improving the query performance of SAP Net Weaver BW. BWA is particularly designed to accelerate BW queries and also for reducing the data acquisition time by persisting the copies of the info cube.
SAP HANA: SAP HANA is an in-memory database. It is a platform where high-performance analytic reports and application is found. Another thing to notice here is that in SAP HANA data can be loaded from SAP and non-SAP Source System through SLT, BODS, DXC, and Sybase. This can be viewed using SAP BO/BI, Crystal Reports or Excel.
Currently, SAP HANA is working as an in-memory database for SAP BW. And now SAP HANA is able to improve the overall performance of SAP Net weaver BW.
There are two types of relational data stored in HANA. They are:
What Task Does Modeling Studio Perform
Modeling studio in HANA performs multiple tasks like:
- It informs which tables are been stored in HANA. And its first part is to get the meta-data, and then the job of scheduling data replication starts.
- It manages Data Services to enter the data from SAP Business Warehouse and other systems.
- It manages the ERP instance connection because the current release version does not support connection to various other ERP instances.
There are three different compression techniques in SAP HANA and they are:
- Run-length encoding.
Read Also: How To Answer Hard Interview Questions
Q27 What Is A New Calculated Column In A Hana Modeling View
Ans: New calculated column is defined as a column added on the fly in Analysis tab when a view is activated. This column doesnt exist at database level or in Data Foundation or Star Join level.
Q28. To improve the performance of Information view by validating joins and Cardinality, which option cab be used?
Ans: You can select Switch to Performance Analysis Mode. This allows you to do Performance Analysis by validating correct join type and Cardinality.
Q: What Is The Role Of Persistence Layer
Ans: It ensures that the database is restored to the most recent committed state after a restart and that transactions are either completely executed or completely undone. The persistence layer offers interfaces for writing and reading data. It also contains SAP HANA s logger that manages the transaction lo. Log entries can be written implicitly by the persistence layer when data is written via the persistence interface or explicitly by using a log interface.
Recommended Reading: What Is A Phone Screen Interview
What Is The Definition Of A Transactional Rfc
Transactional RFC, also known as Transactional Remote Function Call, enables the retrieval of a previously made request in the event that it was incorrectly entered into the system. This takes place once the transaction process, also known as TID, has been assigned a unique identifier. Access to the distant system is not required right now in the Transaction RFC, so don’t worry about it.
Tell Something About The Type Of Relationships In The Database
The One to One is that approach in which one table is directly associated with the other tables which are similar in terms of their column. The records can be the same or they cannot be the same in this approach. In the middle approach one table is directly associated with another table and that has key relation outside the database. In the last approach, every single record in the tables can relate multiple number or records which are present in another table.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Radio Interviews For Music
Q1: Why We Need To Go For Going In
Ans: One reason is the number of CPU cycles per second is increasing and the cost of processors is decreasing. For managing the data in memory, there is five-minute rule which is based on the suggestion that it costs more to wait for the data to be fetched from disk than it costs to keep data in memory so it depends on how often you fetch the data.
For example, there is a table and no matter how large it is and this table is touched by a query at least once every 55 minutes, it is less expensive to keep it in memory than to read it from memory and if it is frequently accessed it is less expensive to store it in memory.
How Do Copy Controls Work In Sap Systems
Copy controls have three different levels in a sales order which goes as follows:
Header level: It is used when the system copies the data from the header source document to the target header document.
Item level: This is used to find out the status of the line item.
Schedule line level: This is only relevant when copying of sales orders is done from the billing document.
You May Like: How Many Realtors Should You Interview
Best Sap Bo Interview Questions And Answers
Q #1) What is SAP Business Objects?
Answer: SAP Business Objects is a business intelligence tool that provides the combination of analysis, reporting and querying intended to find instant answers to the business-related questions and help management improve their decision-making process.
Q #2)Throw some light on your experience in SAP BO with respect to your project work.
Answer: I worked for a US-based health-care distributor who delivers pharmaceuticals to various retails and institutional providers across North America. Depending on the sales made, the company offers different kinds of rebates to its customers.
Broadly speaking, the aim of our project was to build a rebate calculation application for the company through which we can calculate rebates accurately and present real-time state of the system to the business so that losses incurred on inaccurate rebate calculation are minimized and decision making can be improved by viewing more realistic reports.
This was an agile project & I was involved in the development team of the scrum.
My tasks were bringing data into the SAP HANA system from various sources and develop data models over this data. Then, over the calculation views created in SAP HANA, I used to build universes in IDT depicting different scenarios needed for reporting.
For building these reports, I used Webi rich client SAP Business Objects 4.0.
Q #3) How the tools under SAP Business objects are categorized?
Q #5) What is the BI launchpad?