How Do You Stay Up
The aim of this question is to determine whether the candidate has current knowledge of the industry. Here’s what to look for in an answer:
understanding of recent industry news and trends
a proactive approach
willingness to update their knowledge consistently
Example:âI keep updated with industry trends, news, and techniques by reading industry magazines. Some of my favourite web design magazines are Creatively Blocked and Smushing Magazine. I also enjoy various magazines about the web development process. I read an article or two a day with my breakfast to stay up-to-date.â
Define The Anonymous Function In Js
Generally, the function name is defined when we define the function itself, in normal user-defined functions, but in the case of an anonymous function, the function name is not defined. Here we make use of an assignment operator and variable to stow the function as an object, then utilizing that variable, we will be capable to invoke the function itself.
What Coding Languages Do You Have Experience With
The aim of this question is to assess the candidate’s technical knowledge of different programming languages. Here’s what to look for in an answer:
experience working with different coding languages
ability to use the coding language you prefer
knowledge of various coding languages
Related: 10 of the Most In-Demand Coding Languages for Your Career
You May Like: What Do You Need For Tsa Precheck Interview
What Are Meta Tags
The aim of this question is to test the candidate’s technical knowledge. What to look for in an answer:
- Understanding of meta tags
- In-depth industry knowledge
“Meta tags within an HTML document give information about the webpage. Meta tags don’t appear on the website but search engines and browsers use them to help people find the website or navigate the webpage. Meta tags typically consist of data about the document’s title, author, description, keywords, or character set.”
Read Also: What Are Behavioral Interview Questions
What Is Content Security Policy
Content Security Policy is an HTTP header that allows operators to monitor and control where resources can be loaded onto their website. Using this header is one of the best ways to prevent cross-site scripting vulnerabilities. Since there are difficulties with retrofitting CSPs on all existing websites, CSP is a must for all new websites, and it is highly recommended to implement CSPs on all existing high-risk sites.
In An Image Tag What Is The Benefit Of The Srcset Attribute
srcset is utilized when we wish to generate several resolutions of the exact image on several devices. This improves the UI. The browser will display low resolution on low-end devices, and high resolution of an image on high-end devices.
< img srcset="picture_low.jpg 480w, picture_high.jpg 800w" sizes=" 480px, 800px" src="picture_high.jpg" alt="Elva dressed as a fairy">
Read Also: What Is Spark Hire Video Interview
How Do You Ensure The Websites You Design Promote Accessibility And User
The aim of this question is to assess the candidate’s experience and knowledge of creating accessible, user-friendly websites. Here’s what to look for in an answer:
ability to create user-friendly, accessible websites
specific ways the candidate promotes accessibility
experience in a front-end development role
Example:âCreating websites that are user-friendly and accessible is extremely important to me, as I want everyone to enjoy my work. If the client agrees to it, I add alt text to images so screen readers can describe the picture to those with visual impairments. Similarly, I can create websites that allow users to enlarge or minimize the font to make it easier to read. I test my web applications on various browsers and devices to check how easy they are to use.â
Related: How to Write an Entry-Level Software Developer Resume
What Are The Basic Skills Set Required To Be A Front
The basic skillset for a front end developer includes but is not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems Like WordPress, Drupal, OpenCart, Joomla, & Shopify
- Well aware of PHP functions & Features
- Debugging & testing procedures at cross-browser
- Understanding of Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- Some basic know-how of SEO tools and techniques
Recommended Reading: How To Mentally Prepare For An Interview
Suggest How Can We Optimize Our Front
- The consumption of resources can be reduced by the pages by enhancing the server response.
- Utilize the framework to ensure the front-end becomes more responsive to different devices.
- Open-source libraries can be used to manage the browser-specific styling issue.
- Make use of progressive loading like Lazy Loading to enhance the rendering of heavy elements, like videos and images.
- Connect the style sheet in the header and script at the top of the HTML’s body tag.
- Utilize browser storage to keep user-specific private data.
Don’t Miss: How To Use Cracking The Coding Interview
What Is A Higher Order And Pure Components In React
Higher Order Components
- A higher-order component is a function that takes a component and returns a new component.
- It facilitates reusing of component logic.
const NewComponent = higherOrderComponent
- React.Component is the base class for React components. React.PureComponent is a variation of React.Component class and does a shallow comparison of props and state.
- A React component can be considered pure if it renders the same output for the same state and props.
How Do You Ensure Your Code Is Easy For Other Developers To Understand
The aim of this question is to assess the candidate’s skills and ability to work as a team. What to look for in an answer:
- Willingness to work as a team
- Understanding of their role
- Ability to create clean, easy-to-understand code
“I make all of my code as simple and organised as possible to make it easy for my colleagues to follow. I also use comments throughout the code to make it easier to change. I avoid deep nesting when possible and group my code to limit line length and disorganisation. I also create a style sheet for every project for my team to follow along with. Ensuring my code is easy to understand makes working as a team much easier.”
You May Like: What Questions To Ask When Interviewing Someone
Can You Explain The Concept Of A Css Float And Provide An Example Of Its Usage
Answer: This answer will require some memorization and a bit of confidence!
The average bootcamp grad spent less than six months in career transition, from starting a bootcamp to finding their first job.
- A concrete definition of CSS floats
- Examples of how you use this element in your code
- Confidence in explaining this technical concept to any audience
Take Along Samples Of Your Work
If you have a portfolio, take your laptop or tablet in with you to show the employer samples of your work. This will allow you to explain your work in greater detail, including showing off your code under the hood. This interaction with your work will create a more memorable impression than just giving a description or a link.
Don’t Miss: How To Prepare System Design Interview
What Is Aot Compilation How Is It Different From Jit
Ahead of Time , compilation translates your code as it is being built, rather than when it is downloaded and run by the browser. This guarantees that the browser renders content quickly. Include the aot option with the ng build or ng serve commands to specify AOT compilation.
The Just-in-Time compilation technique converts computer code to machine code while it is being executed or run. Dynamic compilation is another name for it. When you use the ng build or ng serve CLI commands, by default it uses JIT compilation.
What Is The Difference Between Attribute And Property
Attributes are an element of an HTML document while properties are a part of the Document Object Model .
Example: < input type=”text” value=”Tech”>
Here, value and type are the attributes of HTML, but when the statement is read by the browser and parses this code it will make a DOM with different properties, like accept, autofocus, accessKey, baseURI, checked, childElementCount, align, alt, childNodes, children, classList, className, attributes, and clientHeight.
var data = document.querySelector // here we created a document object of input tagconsole.log) // tech // getting the attribute valueconsole.log // tech // getting the property of the input object
Recommended Reading: What Are Phone Interviews Like
Why Should We Hire You As Frontend Developer
- Freshers: While interviewing for front-end developer jobs for freshers you can come across this question. The best answer would be, ” I have just begun my career, and do not have practical achievements, but I wish to explore and experience my potential by giving the best services to the company. It will be my privilege to work with your organization.”
Has A Client Or Team Member Ever Been Unhappy With Your Work What Happened
The aim of this question is to assess the candidate’s ability to handle conflict professionally while still maintaining relationships. What to look for in an answer:
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with clients and team members
“A colleague was unhappy with the font I used on one of my websites as it didn’t match the client’s notes. I missed the note about the font type the client wanted and changed it immediately. I was glad my colleague caught the error before we submitted the website to the client. I now double check every clients’ notes before submitting any work.”
Recommended Reading: What Questions They Ask In A Job Interview
What Do You Think A Front
The aim of this question is to assess the candidate’s understanding of the role and ability to work well within a team. Here’s what to look for in an answer:
understanding of the role
willingness to work collaboratively
strong industry knowledge
Example:âFront-end developers work closely with back-end developers to create a visually appealing, cohesive website. They ensure a website looks good and functions properly by utilizing their team’s code. Developers have an in-depth understanding of coding languages and design aspects to create a well-balanced website.â
Can You Explain What User
The aim of this question is to assess the candidate’s technical knowledge. What to look for in an answer:
- Understanding of user-centred design
- Ability to name the benefits of user-centred design
- Willingness to implement user-centred design in their work
“User-centred design is a process that web developers use to focus on the client’s needs, requirements, and customer base. Through every aspect of the design process, the front end developer will focus on what the user of that website needs. User-centred design requires a lot of research to work but is very beneficial. It often creates a more successful website with more organic traffic as the developer makes it with the user in mind.”
You May Like: How To Be A Good Interviewer
What Is A Sql Injection
Another type of attack. If you have a search form, for example, and when a user types in a name like “Kelly” you take that string and do an SQL lookup for it. Let’s say your SQL looks like this:
`SELECT * FROM Users WHERE UserId = yourVariable`
An attacker could put something malicious in the search bar like `Kelly OR 1=1`, and now it will return a list of all users instead of just the requested one.
Back End Developer Skill Set
The back end developer hiring test is important for hiring server-side programmers. Before going into the backend interview questions and answers, we need to first examine what employers should look out for in a backend developer candidate? These factors may be helpful, even if this list is by no means exhaustive.
- A company may not request a computer science degree. Although, this is no longer necessary in a number of places as long as a candidate demonstrates an understanding of computer science concepts such as algorithms, coding theory, and computer networking.
- Proficiency in cloud computing services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Fully understand and be competent to work with database technologies such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, etc.
- Soft skills such as teamwork, critical thinking, and innovation.
- For senior developers, leadership skills are important
Also Check: What Is An Entrance Interview For Student Loans
Mention The Difference Between Mysql And Mongodb
- MySQL: It is a Relational Database Management System , which makes use of SQL as a standard language to handle its database. Like different relational database management systems, MySQL makes use of a table-like structure to stow data.
- MongoDB: MongoDB is a NoSQL database that utilizes the JSON-like structure to stow data elements. To modify and access data in MongoDB, the programmer ought to make use of the MongoDB Query Language .
Skillset Expected From A Front End Developer
- HTML and HTML5
- It was developed by Jeremy Ashkenas in year 2009.
- It is used because of CoffeeScript code is shorter and converts seamlessly to JS. It helps developer in writing an simple and easily readable code.
- It is something which makes JS easier and effectively reducing our code to one third. It compiles into JS on execution which is Inspired by Python and Ruby.
There are many things responsible for reducing page load time. We will tell you the best three ways to reduce its loading time-
- Image Optimization: Always scale your pics or videos before uploading them to a page.
- Browser Cache: The use of cache will increase speed for pages that you have already visited.
- Compress and Optimize Content: Compressing the content of a website reduces page load time to a great extent.
- StyleSheet Reference on Top: Putting stylesheet reference to the header of a document helps your page to load faster
It can be assigned to a variable and has no value in case of null but on the other hand undefined means a variable has been declared but has not yet been assigned a value.
Also Check: What Should I Say In Exit Interview
Q3 How Can We Ensure A Web Design Is User
As a Front-end developer, visualizing the design for the app closely with the user experience team, testing the web app, taking user feedback, and ensuring the app runs smoothly on different platforms and phones will help create a user-friendly web design.
Learn more about the roles and responsibilities of a Front-end Engineer here.
More Sample Front End Developer Interview Questions For Practice
Here are a few more front-end developer interview questions on JS, CSS, HTML, and web design for your practice:
This completes the list of important front end developer interview questions and answers. In addition to these, you must also practice some coding problems to ace your front end interview.
Recommended Reading: How To Prepare For Apple Software Engineer Interview
What Is View Encapsulation In Angular
View encapsulation defines whether the template and styles defined within the component can affect the whole application or vice versa. Angular provides three encapsulation strategies: