Questions About Qa Experience And Background
Below are some interview questions that an interviewer may ask to understand and assess your background and experience in the QA field:
Have you ever done software QA before?
How many years of experience do you have in the QA field?
Do you have experience with software testing?
How does your educational background relate to this QA position?
What kind of QA software have you worked with before?
Have you ever written test cases without documents?
Have you done software programming before?
Do you have experience in resolving issues during software production?
How do you ensure complete testing?
What kinds of testing automation tools have you used?
What kinds of verification techniques have you used?
How Would You Test A Soda Machine
Naturally, you want to see how your interviewee engages with technical problems, including those that are new to her. Ask your candidate to test something arbitrary, such as a soda machine or a mobile phone app with which youâre both familiar.
Soda machines are interesting test cases, because the sum is made up of multiple parts: an alphanumeric keypad, a refrigerator, a dollar bill validator, a soda dispensary, an advertising display, etc. Also, a repairperson approaches the machine differently than does a customer who wants a pause that refreshes. QA testers who think well on their feet will consider these different functions and user needs. And it tells you, the interviewer, how the job candidate approaches the issues, from security testing to user interfaces.
Even if in the back of her mind, all sheâs thinking about is how much she needs a soda.
Explain Load Testing On Websites
To access a website, a user sends a request to that websites server, and the server sends back a response in the form of the website you want to access. To load test a website, quality assurance engineers and automation engineers just need to multiply the number of responses sent to simulate different traffic loads. The web servers response to the influx of virtual users can then be measured. This is used to determine performance issues and server capacity.
Read Also: Things To Ask In An Exit Interview
Can You Tell Me About Your Most Difficult Project
This kind of question will clue interviewers into what kind of work ethic you have. That means that it is important to be the right kind of candidate and select a project where you grew professionally.
Ultimately, you will have to decide from your experience pool which project fits these parameters.
Why Do Developers Make Poor Testers
There is a concrete difference in the mentality between developers and testers. Developers might try to check the quote to see if it works, whereas testers check for things that do not work. Developers can also tend to have bias, being the creators of the code. Finally, testing involves advanced techniques that fall more in the wheelhouse of testers.
This does not preclude developers from testing software. However, the best-case scenario involves leaving the bulk of the testing to experience testers. Of course, constructive input from developers can make the process easier.
Recommended Reading: Questions To Ask At An Exit Interview
Join Our Community Of Technology Leaders In Quality
The QA Lead Membership is a community for technology leaders and quality engineersit’s an opportunity to connect and develop personally and professionally with experienced leaders of technology, quality and teams.
Were passionate about quality and exist to equip you with the resources and support to save the world from bad software. 🙂
If you’re looking for a resource on all things QA like monkey testing, smoke testing, writing test script, performance testing, how to conduct a quality audit, static testing, stress testing, negative testing, or what life is like as a QA analyst or a QA tester, then comment below and let us know what you want to know!
Website feedback has never been easier, even your clients will love it.
How Important Is It For Qa To Take Part In Development Planning Sessions
QA teams can work in many ways. Some are part of a larger development team, where data center operations gets together with programmers for regular meetings . Others are used to communicating largely among themselves. Similarly, some QA teams come in long after the application design process is complete, while others get involved from Day One. That isnât to suggest that one process is better than another, but both the interviewer and manager should know what the other person expects and desires.
A candidate who forgoes planning sessions in favor of some much-needed bug hunting might be focused on the task at handâand nothing else. Is that good or bad? The answer is up to you. One QA tester may expect to be part of sprint/development planning sessions to better understand the context of each task, and thus to assess each featureâs risks and complexity. Another might feel that itâd be more productive to invite goats to a Zoom meeting.
As you know, planning sessions are a good way to get in front of theoretical problems before they become actual problems. We hope your interviewee knows it too.
You May Like: Job Interview Activities For Students
What Are Qa Duties
- Identify and correct flaws in the manufacturing process.
- ensures criterias are met, recommend, implement, and monitor preventive and corrective actions.
- Compile and evaluate statistical information.
- During the testing process, ensure that user expectations are satisfied.
- Creates tests to identify software bugs before to product launch.
Describe Briefly About Your Experience
This is my fifth year as a QA automation engineer. However, I have worked with several clients on the side and got a chance to sharpen my skills. I worked at ABZ company, where I got a chance to share teams with renowned software engineers and QA automation engineers. I have also worked with Google on a six-month contract where I got to rub shoulders with the best of the best. I believe that all the experience I have had in this field will help me succeed here.
Read Also: Dynamic Programming For Coding Interviews
What You Should Know About Qa Interviews
If youâve landed an interview for a Quality Assurance role, such as QA tester or QA engineer, you may be wondering what to expect and what questions youâll be asked.
Your interviewers want to learn everything they can about your abilities as a QA professional, your approach to testing, how youâll fit in with the team, and how youâll work alongside all stakeholders. Expect questions about the qualifications on your resume, including degrees in computer science or related disciplines, experience in QA, and knowledge of the field.
Continue reading to discover common QA interview questions you may need to answer, questions to ask your interviewer, and how to prepare to meet a potential employer.
What Are The Key Components Of A Quality Plan
Aside from technical works, you should be familiar with documenting tasks.
Tip #1: Be specific
Tip #2: Show confidence
Some of the things that should be included are the team members and the responsibilities assigned. The quality standards of the product or service should also be included clearly. The other things include the testing and quality assurance, the risks, design control, as well as control development.
Don’t Miss: How To Answer Star Interview Questions
How Do You Describe Quality Engineering In The Simplest Words
For this question, you must assume that the listener is genuinely not familiar with the job.
Tip #1: Avoid using jargons
Tip #2: Be brief and clear with your explanation
Quality engineering is one of the components of engineering which is highly related to ensuring the products released are of high quality. For every product or service offered, there are standards that ought to be achieved and to determine either the products are of high quality or not. Quality engineering is involved in establishing the standards as well as ensuring the goals are achieved.
What Is Your Biggest Attribute That Qualifies You For This Job
I have several attributes that qualify me for this job. However, I believe that my attention to detail and proficiency in different tools and coding make me a great QA automation engineer. I always know what to look for when performing automation tests and rerun tests for better results. I have worked on many complex projects owing to these attributes, which makes me optimistic that I will do a good job here if given a chance.
You May Like: How To Research A Company For An Interview
What Are Unit Testing And Integration Testing
Unit testing has many names such as module testing or component testing.
Many times, it is the developers who test individual units or modules to check if they are working correctly.
Whereas, integration testing validates how well two or more units of software interact with each other.
There are three ways to validate integration:
- Big Bang approach
- Bottom-up approach
What Will You Do When A Bug Turns Up During Testing
When a bug occurs, we can follow the below steps.
- We can run more tests to make sure that the problem has a clear description.
- We can also run a few more tests to ensure that the same problem doesnt exist with different inputs.
- Once we are certain of the full scope of the bug, we can add details and report it.
Recommended Reading: Interview Questions For Plc Programmer
What Are The Differences Between Preventive And Reactive Approaches
Preventive Approach: It is also known as the Verification process. Preventive is the approach to prevent defects. In this approach, tests are designed in its early stages of Software Development Lifecycle before the software has developed. In this approach, testers try to prevent defects in the early stages it comes under Quality Analysis.
Reactive Approach: It is also known as Validation Process. This approach is to identify defects. In this approach, tests are designed to execute after the software’s development. In this approach, we try to find out the defects. It comes under Quality Control.
Why Do You Want To Be Qa Engineer
Why Does A Tester Like His/ Her Job And Where Do You Fit? With further discussion, Im going to present a list of points about why a QA person can like his/ her job. Please read on and let yourself know, in which order you fit.
1) Do you like Software Testing because its grueling? It surely is. Software Testing is about looking at a product from different angles, with different perspectives. Testing it with different prospects. It isnt easy to develop the right mindset and to test the product with different aspects.
2) Do you like Software Testing because its satisfactory? Its true. By testing the software, chancing, and tracking the bugs. also through suggestions of enhancement ideas. Youre contributing towards the betterment of the product. It is the most satisfactory job.
3) Software Testing is complexDont you believe it? Do you suppose, understanding the product? Testing the same while considering different factors like functionality? Performance, security, GUI, and many others, is an easy tasks. Along with that, currently, it has come more complex due to Mobile Applications.
To cover the vast range of bias available. Checking the operations geste response time and usability is a big challenge.
5) Software Testing is about perfecting qualityThe ultimate purpose of software testing isnt to find bugs but to make the product qualitative. As a tester, youre contributing to advancements in product quality.
Also Check: How To Prepare For A College Interview
Becoming A Consultant For A Service Company
A common pathway for skilled test managers is to join a testing service company. Testing services span all roles from a junior tester to large programme test management and assurance positions. Providing professional services requires a slightly different perspective than you might be used to and it is not always a comfortable transition.
You might be called on to get involved in a project very early and be responsible for drafting test strategies for projects in business domains you are not familiar with. The clients and their suppliers working practices might be very different from what you are used to.
This can be daunting in critical business programmes, especially where timescales and projects are under pressure to deliver. Sometimes you might find yourself in a role where you feel underqualified sometimes the reverse is true and you have to work with or for less-experienced client personnel.
At any rate, becoming a consultant and working with a range of clients is a great way to accumulate a lot of experience in a short period of time. As a consultant, your range of capabilities will increase and, if you choose to leave testing services to return to a permanent role in an IT department, you should be much better qualified to join at a more senior level.
Whatever your career path, we wish you the best of luck.
What Are The Phases In The Defined Cycle Of Quality Assurance
There are four phases of this cycle and they are:
- Plan – It states that a business should pay proper attention to the planning and should establish the process which is generally related to the determination of all the goals of a business or its objectives that matters a lot when it comes to delivering a product with top-notch quality.
- Do – It defines that both developments, as well as the testing of processes, is important
- Check – It denies that paying attention to the processes in terms of finding some irrelevant is important. It let the organizations make sure that the objectives are met or not.
- Act – It states that all the actions about the implementation should be paid extreme attention so that the continuous improvement s can be achieved in the processes.
Also Check: How To Hold An Interview
Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions
Quality Assurance Engineers have a great impact on a companys bottom line. They make sure the end-product is as polished as possible before hitting the market. From editing the code to testing an applications usability, QA Engineers perform all the tasks to ensure that customers receive quality service.
Qualifications to look for:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Software Design.
Skills to look for:
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, processes and tools
- Understanding of SQL and scripting
- Knowledge of the latest advancement and trends in Quality Assurance
Experience to look for:
- Working experience in Software Development and Software Quality Assurance
As the role of a QA engineer is critical to the growth and success of a business, you just cant focus only on experience. You need to gauge their logical and critical thinking skills as well. The right interview questions will bring out specific qualities and expertise that might otherwise not be apparent.
Hence, we have compiled some key questions to ask a potential prospect when hiring for the position of Quality Assurance Engineer.
Qa Automation Engineer Job Description Template
We are seeking a talented QA automation engineer to design testing procedures for our software applications. In this role, will be responsible for analyzing the functionality of applications and designing automated tests to validate their performance. You will also be required to identify bugs, install databases, and collaborate with the software design team.
To ensure success as a QA automation engineer, you should have advanced programming skills, a keen eye for detail, and excellent project management skills. A skilled QA automation engineer can design and write efficient test procedures for every software application.
Recommended Reading: How To Watch Meghan Markle Oprah Interview
What Is Testware In Qa
Testware is an integral part of quality assurance. A good candidate would explain what it is and why it’s essential for quality assurance. They can also cite instances when they used it in previous employment as a QA engineer. What to look for in an appropriate answer:
- The understanding of testware
- Reasons testware is important in QA
- Experience using testware
“Testware describes all the materials required to perform a test. It’s used to plan, design, and execute tests in QA. In my last job, I used testware whenever we were implementing the testing process to ensure the test went smoothly and we found any issues before releasing the product.”
Describe The Dimensions Of The Risk In Qa
The dimensions of the risk are:
- Schedule: Unrealistic Schedules, to develop a huge software in a single day.
- Client: Ambiguous requirements definition, requirements are not clear, changes in requirement.
- Human Resource: Non – availability of sufficient resources with the skill level expected in the project.
- System Resources: Non-availability of acquiring all critical resources, either hardware and software tools or license for software will have an adverse effect.
- Quality: Compound factors like lack of resources along with a tight delivery schedule and frequent changes to the requirement will affect the quality of the product tested.
What Do You Understand By Black Box And White Box Testing Differentiate Between Them
- White box testing: White box testing examines the inside structures of the software, including the employed data structures, internal design, code structure, and how it works, rather than just the functionality, as black-box testing does. It’s also known as structural testing, clear box testing, or glass box testing.
- Black box testing: Black box testing is a sort of software testing when the software’s internal functionality is unknown. The testing is carried out with no knowledge of the products’ internal workings. The following methods can be used to conduct black-box testing:
- Syntax Driven Testing: This method of testing is used on systems that may be represented syntactically by a language. Compilers, for example, are a type of language that can be described using a context-free grammar. The test cases are created in such a way that each grammatical rule is applied at least once.
- Equivalence partitioning: Many types of inputs work similarly, so rather than give them all separately, we can group them together and test only one of each group’s inputs. The aim is to divide the system’s input domain into a number of equivalence classes, each of which works in a similar fashion, i.e., if a test case in one class results in an error, other test cases in other classes will also result in an error.
The following table illustrates the differences between white box and black box testing: