What Advice Do Candidates Give For Interviewing At Delta
What questions are asked in a Delta interview?
Delta Interview Questions And Answers
- Tell us about yourself? Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education.
- Why do you want to work for Delta?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your greatest weakness?
How much do ramp agents make Delta?
$7 $28 per hour
How long is training for Delta ramp agent?
What does a Delta ramp agent do?
Baggage scanning and loading unloadingairplane safety procedures in landing and takeoff situations
Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions
Why do you want to be a Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant?
- Say you have excellent communication skills which will allow you to work well with the customer and other crew members.
- State you have strong multi-tasking skills which will allow you to handle a wide variety of situations while in continuous contact with the public.
- Say you pay strong attention to detail which will allow you to ensure the safety and comfort of our customers.
- Mention you are a self-starter and a team player which will allow you to work well independently or in a team.
- Finally, mention you have strong leadership skills which will allow you to respond to a variety of emergency and non-emergency situations.
Why should we hire you as a flight attendant?
- Here you need to show how your previous and current work experience will benefit Southwest Airlines if they hire you for the job. For example, in my last job, I worked at a popular restaurant where I waited on customers. In my last job, I gained valuable work experience as I was able to demonstrate I was able to work well under pressure, multitask, all while providing excellent customer service.
- State you physically fit and will not have any issues standing for long periods of time. mention you have the ability to push or pull moveable carts weighing in excess of 250 pounds. Finally, say you will not have any issues helping customers with their baggage.
How would you define excellent customer service?
How would you deal with an upset customer?
Deltas Interview Questions & Tips
Delta may put applicants through multiple rounds of interviews if you pass the first two stages of the recruitment process. This company deals with high numbers of applicants and is selective about who it interviews.
You will be asked situational questions, motivational questions, and for some jobs, you will be asked technical questions to be sure that you have the appropriate knowledge to work for Delta.
Some interview questions you may be asked are:
- Tell us about a time when you had to lead a team.
- In your professional or educational experiences, what has been your biggest mistake and how did you react to it?
- How would you handle having to take directions from a manager who you often disagree with?
- How would you handle a problem with a coworker?
- How do you think we could improve our customer experience?
- Describe a time when you were in a high-stress environment. How did you manage the stress?
Don’t Miss: Where To Watch An Interview With God
Ramp Service Agent Interview Questions And Answers
Learn what skills and qualities interviewers are looking for from a ramp service agent, what questions you can expect, and how you should go about answering them.
Airlines rely on the work of ramp service agents to keep their planes in top condition and on schedule. Ramp service agents are responsible for the safe and efficient handling of luggage, cargo, and passengers. They also make sure that all documentation is correct and that all planes are fully stocked with food, drinks, and other supplies.
If youre looking for a job as a ramp service agent, youll need to be prepared to answer a range of questions about your experience, skills, and knowledge. In this guide, well provide you with a list of common ramp service agent interview questions and answers to help you prepare for your interview.
Are you comfortable working overnight shifts?
Some employers may ask this question to see if youre willing to work a night shift. If the position requires working overnight, its important that you let the interviewer know that youre comfortable with this schedule. You can answer honestly and explain why you are or arent comfortable with working at night.
What are the three most important qualities for a ramp service agent to have?
How would you handle a situation where a plane arrived at the airport and you discovered that some of the cargo was missing?
What is the proper protocol for handling hazardous materials?
How well do you perform under pressure?
Customer Service Interview Questions
- Customer Service Agents at Southwest Airlines provide legendary Customer service by handling ticketing, baggage check-in, baggage claims, reservations, information inquiries and resolving complaints and problems.
- Handles any aspect of ticketing and check-in by operating a computerized point-of-sale system, boarding, baggage service, reservations and resolving related complaints and problems
- Responsibilities include greeting and handling Customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Handles cash, checks, credit cards, travel vouchers and coupons as forms of payment for tickets
- Computes charges, makes change and balances daily transactions
- Checks in baggage and Cargo
- Answers telephone to provide information to callers, page customers, resolve problems or complaints and assist as needed
- Handles transactions required to board the aircraft in a timely and efficient manner
- Deals with mishandled Customers as a result of over sales, delayed, or canceled flights, lost, delayed, or damaged luggage. Resolves such problems quickly and within guidelines established by the Company
- Provides current and accurate fare, schedule, reservations, flight arrival/departure information and answers all general inquiries from Customers and other visitors to the airport terminal
Please describe the job you have applied for?
Why should we hire you as our customer service agent?
How would you deal with a difficult customer?
What hours can you work?
Recommended Reading: What Questions To Ask When Being Interviewed
Ramp Agent Interview Questions
Also known as baggage handlers or fleet service agents, ramp agents perform various ground and under-wing services to ensure an aircraft is ready for flight and that all baggage and cargo requirements, including loading and unloading, are fulfilled.
Successful candidates will adhere to occupational safety regulations and be great team players. Avoid candidates who lack physical strength and dexterity.
- Completely free trial, no card required.
- Reach over 250 million candidates.
Delta Airlines Company Overview
Delta airlines, Inc., usually termed Delta, is among the most significant airlines in the U.S. and a carrier of legacy.
It has its headquarters in Atlanta Georgia. This airline, including its subsidiaries and regional affiliates, as well as delta connect, is involved in the operation of more than 5,400 flights each day, and also renders service to about 325 destinations in at least fifty countries across six continents.
Delta is currently considered to be the second largest airline in the world, as a result of the number of its scheduled passengers carried, fleet size, and revenue passenger-kilometer flown.
Initially, Delta airlines started as a crop dusting operation, known then as Huff Daland Dusters, incorporated.
It was founded in the year 1924 at Macon, Georgia, and was later relocated to Monroe, Louisiana, a year after.
Read Also: How To Give Interview For Job
Demonstrate A Time That You Went Beyond For Passengers
One time when I was serving meals to passengers, one of them requested a meal that I later realized he was having difficulties eating. However, he pretended that everything was fine but I could tell that he was uncomfortable. I decided to reach out to him in a very wise way. I asked him whether he liked the food and he said yes. I told him that I like that meal too but when served with chili sources and some greens. I asked him to try it with chili sources and greens too which he agreed. When I added them to his meal, I could tell that he really enjoyed it. When I was collecting the dishes, he thanked me and disclosed that in the beginning, it was hard for him to eat but eventually he was happy with the meal.
Interview Questions For A Ramp Agent
If you are interested in working in the aviation field, consider a career as a ramp agent. Whether it is sorting baggage or using hand signals to prepare pilots for liftoff, ramp agents play a significant role as ground-support service workers. During your interview, employers will ask questions about your experience and professional skills. Ramp agent interview questions will focus on the specifics of working in a fast-paced, noisy environment, during all weather conditions and in a setting where safety procedures are crucial.
Don’t Miss: What Happens In A Second Interview
Applying To Delta Airlines
Whether this is your first job application or you are a seasoned professional, you will need to create a unique résumé and cover letter for each job application. Be sure to include the keywords listed in the job description on Delta Airliness website so that your application will be seen as relevant.
What Major Challenges Did You Face During Your Last Role How Did You Manage Them
The biggest challenge I faced was traveling for long hours and waking up very early. It was very tiresome and was affecting me negatively. Most of the time I found myself lonely having to spend the night alone in a hotel after a long flight. However, I had to remain focused on my career. This task also became repetitive and this helped me to get used to the nature of the job. Today, I have gotten used to every part of this job and I enjoy it.
You May Like: How To Have A Good Interview
Air Canada Interview Questions And Answers
1. Tell us about yourself?
- You can talk about your hobbies and interests but keep it brief. What they really want to hear is how your past and present work experience relates to the position you are interviewing for.
2. What can you tell us about Air Canada?
About Air Canada
3. Who is the CEO of Air Canada?
- As of 2021, the CEO is Calin Rovinescu.
4. Why do you want to work for Air Canada?
- State you love aviation and you love working with people and you think a career at Air Canada will allow you to do both.
- Mention you would be proud to work for AC because of what the Air Canada Foundation does. The foundation is designed for customers to donate their Aero Plan points to children and youth in need. Those points are used to provide free transportation services to children to and from hospitals.
5. What is your greatest strength?
- The best way to respond to this question is to describe the skills and experience that you have which directly correlate with the job you are applying for. With this in mind, review the job description and reassure the interviewer that you have the experience and skills to do the job.
6. What is your greatest weakness?
7. How would you deal with an upset customer?
Say you would deal with an upset customer in these steps.
8. How do you define excellent customer service?
9. Where do you see yourself in five years?
10. Why did you leave your last job?
Lets first discuss what not to say!
11. Why should I hire you?
13. What motivates you?
Customer Service Agent Interview Questions & Answers
Q1: Talk about a time you were working with a co-worker who wasnt performing according to company standards. What did you do?A1: I had a coworker who was beginning to become short with customers. After a few instances, I asked her if she was OK and she replied that she was going through a difficult time. To help her, I took on a few of her responsibilities and a week later, she was back to normal. After that, we worked even more cohesively because she appreciated my willingness to help her out.
Q2: Talk about a high-stress situation at work and how you handled it.A2: I was working under a manager with a very short fuse during an extremely high-volume day. Our team was short-staffed, and we had a long line of impatient customers. Keeping a smile on your face is one of the most important things to do in this kind of situation. If you start to become negative, the customers and co-workers around you will follow suit. Staying positive and thanking each customer for their patience helped to defuse the situation. Before we knew it, the line was out the door.
Q3: Tell me about a time that you were encouraged by a co-worker to break company policy.A3: One shift supervisor I had recently liked to cut corners at closing time. She was impatient with us and often encouraged us to leave small cleaning tasks for the next day. We are supposed to open the store each day with a clean slate. As the closing tasks arent complicated, there was no reason to leave them for later.
Recommended Reading: What To Ask A Candidate In An Interview
How Long Is Probation For Delta Airlines
90 days standard probationary period.
Is it hard to get hired at Delta Airlines? Yes, the hiring experience for flight attendants is extremely competitive. We have found that those who demonstrate an aptitude and enthusiasm for delighting customers do well.
Is it hard to get hired by Delta?
Getting hired at Delta is about as difficult as it is at any Fortune 500 company. It may take several weeks for the process to be completed. As always, knowing someone inside the company never hurts. As a matter of fact, if you get a referral, it typically guarantees a call from a Delta recruiter.
What is Deltas hiring process? Delta Hiring Process
Pre-employment tests. Video and/or telephone interview. Face-to-face interviews. Background check and drug test.
Delta Air Lines Interview Questions
Here are possible questions you might face in an interview at Delta Air Lines:
Don’t Miss: How To Prepare For A Citizenship Interview
What Is Your Greatest Strength That Relates To This Role
I am customer-centric, friendly, and positive. I always ensure to deliver exceptional customer service to all passengers every day. I greet them well and in a friendly manner before I can direct them to their seats. I have been able to relate well with most of the passengers through the help of my strong communication and interpersonal skills. I have realized that most of the passengers, greet me by my name even when I do not have my badge indicating that they have known me. Additionally, I can keep a cheerful countenance irrespective of the situation such as standing for long hours and being out of my time zone.
This Role Requires Strong Customercare Skills Highlight Some Examples Of Your Customer Service
I give passengers a good welcome as they board the plane. I greet them with a smile and I direct them to their seats. I am friendly to them and helpful when they need or enquire about any service while on a flight. Additionally, I listen to their concerns and preferences without interrupting them as they speak before I can give them my views.
You May Like: When To Write A Thank You Email After An Interview
How Do I Ace The Delta Flight Attendant Interview
You need to be prepared.
Do everything you can to set yourself up for success.
Research Delta and learn about their history, their current economic state, their core values, or any recent and exciting news that they have announced.
The more you know about Delta, the more impressive and prepared you will sound.
Second, dress the part!
Google images of a Delta flight attendant and mimic their appearance standards for your video interview, live interview, and face to face interview.
Wear a professional suit with closed-toed black heels. Have your hair and makeup done naturally and professionally.
Finally, understand and learn the STAR format when you answer questions.
You can find dozens of common STAR format questions online that will allow you to practice and come up with several examples.
Be confident with your answers and always remember to smile and show your true personality.
This Job Can Be Emotionally And Physically Demanding Do You Have The Ability To Cope With The Nature Of This Job
I understand the nature of this role. It requires me to work for long hours and I know that this can be tiresome. However, I can work under pressure and yet produce positive results. Previously, I worked on an air cabin crew and I didnt have issues working for long hours or even waking up early. Besides, I am prepared to handle this kind of job both physically and mentally.
Read Also: How To Prepare For Java Coding Interview
Q 3 What Kind Of Questions Can You Ask Your Interviewing Panel At Delta Airlines
- You can find out about the work culture of Delta Airlines.
- You can find out about the different qualities of an ideal crew member of delta airlines.
- What are the specific pointers which are important for a job with Delta?
- You can also find out how does delta measure your success during your tenure with delta.